Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My initial M3 LR lease in 2020 (seemed good at the time after price reductions) was an easy process and I was thoroughly pleased. The end of lease has been a roller coaster and it isn't even up yet until 6/2023. After getting many $0 quotes in my lease termination for the few months I thought to gamble with ordering a M3 SR to hopefully deliver in Jan23+. I placed my order Nov 1st expecting for delays. Long story short I've already forgone a VIN available for delivery. The problem is the lease quote went to $4800 magically which I'm not in the lease interested in paying. After my recent payment it's now $700. Crazy fluctuations. My question is... what do I do here? They will cancel my order soon and I will lose $250 plus the new charger they shipped me. If I return the lease and take delivery now I won't be eligible for the possible $7,500 federal rebate. But if I wait what is stopping Elon from increasing the price like Ford and others did? Aside from not even knowing if they'll be eligible at all? Also, what if I wait then the quote goes back up to $4K. The Tesla team lends no help or guidance so I'm left to guess.

My initial M3 LR lease in 2020 (seemed good at the time after price reductions) was an easy process and I was thoroughly pleased. The end of lease has been a roller coaster and it isn't even up yet until 6/2023. After getting many $0 quotes in my lease termination for the few months I thought to gamble with ordering a M3 SR to hopefully deliver in Jan23+. I placed my order Nov 1st expecting for delays. Long story short I've already forgone a VIN available for delivery. The problem is the lease quote went to $4800 magically which I'm not in the lease interested in paying. After my recent payment it's now $700. Crazy fluctuations. My question is... what do I do here? They will cancel my order soon and I will lose $250 plus the new charger they shipped me. If I return the lease and take delivery now I won't be eligible for the possible $7,500 federal rebate. But if I wait what is stopping Elon from increasing the price like Ford and others did? Aside from not even knowing if they'll be eligible at all? Also, what if I wait then the quote goes back up to $4K. The Tesla team lends no help or guidance so I'm left to guess.
The Model 3 RWD has an LFP battery pack that uses a Chinese-made cell from CATL. These cells are believed to be assembled in Tesla's Giga Shanghai Factory then shipped as a unit to Fremont. The Administration's EV Tax Credit will EXCLUDE the Model 3 RWD as it is written to penalize the use of minerals and labor from "non-friendly" jurisdictions. The Model 3 will not qualify for the EV Tax Credit.

Moreover, the "Inflation Reduction Act" and the EV Tax Credit is stuck in Agency Rule making so details are up in the air. If you need a car you might want to keep the order for the Model 3 RWD. The Tesla model that is likely to qualify for the EV Tax Credit is the Model Y Long Range (technically an SUV with higher price limits) which will be well north of 60k after taxes and fees. I expect the wait time to be extremely high for this Model as it has been for most of 2022.

Hope this helps.

For those of you who have picked up, how long did it take from departed factory text to pickup? My car departed factory on 11/13 and apparently won’t arrive until sometime between 12/3 and 12/13. I am in Tennessee. I leave for vacation during the delivery time. Really hoping it comes sooner!
I live in New Mexico, it may be that the car came by way of Colorado, as it has CO temporary registration. But the answer to your question is that my Model 3 RWD left Fremont October 15, and was available for a delivery appointment on October 31, though I actually picked it up on November 3.

What state are you in?

From what we know, the cars are moved from the Fremont factory to rail yards approximately 8 miles away and are then boarded on to a Union Pacific train heading east. For the east coast (north?) delivery centers, the transfer hub is Chicago where they are loaded on to trailers for the final leg. For the south east delivery centers, the train ride ends in Birmingham SC.
I’m in NC

Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
For those of you who have picked up, how long did it take from departed factory text to pickup? My car departed factory on 11/13 and apparently won’t arrive until sometime between 12/3 and 12/13. I am in Tennessee. I leave for vacation during the delivery time. Really hoping it comes sooner!
I’m in TN as well. My dates are the 8th-15th. Got the departed factory on the 22nd.

Reactions: Mob Dee
Miami, FL here.
Model 3 RWD, Deep Blue Metallic, 18”, Black Interior, Standard Autopilot.
Ordered on 10/30/22, window was 01/04-02/08/23
Updated on 11/12/22 to window of 12/02-16/22
Updated on 11/14/22 to window of 11/29-12/13/22
VIN assigned on 11/20/22, window of 12/04-11/22
Haven’t gotten any updates on if the car has left the factory or not. Chatted online and they told me the car was built on 11/19/22 (not sure how accurate that is). Hopefully it arrives before my trip to Disney on 12/08.

We pick up my wife's 2023 Model 3 RWD MSM with white interior tomorrow 11/27.

Reordered on 11/18 (after first one was totaled in less than 24hrs on 10/26 with ODD 7/3).

Got VIN on 11/20.
Got text to schedule delivery on 11/21, which my wife chose 11/27.

The next day, my wife was asked if we could pick up sooner. We couldn't.

What a rollercoaster. But very thankful my wife wasn't hurt in the accident. Six car pileup. Not her fault.

And very thankful to Tesla for looking out for us, it seems, with a quick turnaround on another car. (No we didn't have Tesla insurance. Not yet offered here in GA.)

Congratulations. Nice to see that Tesla did their part to get your family passed a trying string of events.

We pick up my wife's 2023 Model 3 RWD MSM with white interior tomorrow 11/27.

Reordered on 11/18 (after first one was totaled in less than 24hrs on 10/26 with ODD 7/3).

Got VIN on 11/20.
Got text to schedule delivery on 11/21, which my wife chose 11/27.

The next day, my wife was asked if we could pick up sooner. We couldn't.

What a rollercoaster. But very thankful my wife wasn't hurt in the accident. Six car pileup. Not her fault.

And very thankful to Tesla for looking out for us, it seems, with a quick turnaround on another car. (No we didn't have Tesla insurance. Not yet offered here in GA.)

Reactions: Mob Dee
The day has come!!! I love it!!! Just a couple of panel gaps on my right headlight and i will schedule an appointment
B23BE9F3-19DC-48EC-A4EC-A19395AF42C1.jpeg
C589920E-7C88-4FD6-954A-91B682840EA2.jpeg