Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to deliver Production P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a VIN means you are slightly closer to delivery. **BUT** you cannot infer anything about how close you are. Some Sigs still have not had their cars delivered. I am still waiting for VIN 00013x which has been sitting in QC at the factory for at least two weeks. It's a step in the right direction, but don't hold your breath until the DS tells you something concrete about delivery. Sorry to rain on your parade, as I remember the initial excitement I felt when I received a VIN on 12/23, but just trying to keep it real and save you from the bigger disappointment I felt later.

I agree with most of what you said. However, I would assume (big assumption I know), that Sigs take take/took longer to produce as they had more QC issues. So we should not expect time to produce and deliver to hold constant for vehicles produced later in the process relative to Sigs

I agree with most of what you said. However, I would assume (big assumption I know), that Sigs take take/took longer to produce as they had more QC issues. So we should not expect time to produce and deliver to hold constant for vehicles produced later in the process relative to Sigs

I'm not a sig. reservation holder; Just standard production reservation #1071.

Last edited:
Having a VIN means you are slightly closer to delivery. **BUT** you cannot infer anything about how close you are. Some Sigs still have not had their cars delivered. I am still waiting for VIN 00013x which has been sitting in QC at the factory for at least two weeks. It's a step in the right direction, but don't hold your breath until the DS tells you something concrete about delivery. Sorry to rain on your parade, as I remember the initial excitement I felt when I received a VIN on 12/23, but just trying to keep it real and save you from the bigger disappointment I felt later.

Bobby, your still waiting? Any idea what the hold up is? Are you confident that once it arrives in Eden Prairie it will be ready for an immediate delivery or will there be another week or two of "prepping?"

Bobby, your still waiting? Any idea what the hold up is? Are you confident that once it arrives in Eden Prairie it will be ready for an immediate delivery or will there be another week or two of "prepping?"

Yes, still waiting.... No idea on the hold up, but to be fair, I haven't asked either. In a different thread, someone in a diff part of the country said that their DS mentioned X's are being fixed at the factory now instead of relying on SC's to make fixes locally. That seems to suggest less local prepping will be needed in Eden prairie. But it's anyone's guess really.