Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to deliver Production P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were two MXs at the Portland SC yesterday. One was Founders 00060, Sig Red, 20" staggered, black interior, P90D. The other looked to be a production as there was no SIG ID on it. The vin was taped over, MC red, 20" staggered, black interior, P90DL.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2416.jpg

These are the two MXs at the Portland SC.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2416.jpg

The images don't seem to be working. From the description, the Founder's car is probably Phil G from the Portland area. We've been commiserating about poor communication and he said his showed up at the SC out of the blue over the weekend.

There were two MXs at the Portland SC yesterday. One was Founders 00060, Sig Red, 20" staggered, black interior, P90D. The other looked to be a production as there was no SIG ID on it. The vin was taped over, MC red, 20" staggered, black interior, P90DL.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2416.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2416.jpg

i'd love to see a picture!

I'm contemplated repainting the X when i get it some custom color...

Well is finally happened today after a nearly 3 year wait. Production Vin#21X is in my garage. Delivery went very well. Have not found any issues yet. I did turn off the self-presenting driver's door because it was a royal PITA opening and closing any time I went near the car in the garage. I also got a sunscreen. My DS said they just started shipping them, so anyone who has already taken delivery should ask your DS for one. Weather was terrible today so didn't do much driving. Here's a link to some delivery pics. As soon as we get a sunny day, I'll take some better ones. First impression - AMAZING. more to follow.

Steve shared an album with you on Dropbox

Last edited:
Well is finally happened today after a nearly 3 year wait. Production Vin#21X is in my garage. Delivery went very well. Have not found any issues yet. I did turn off the self-presenting driver's door because it was a royal PITA opening and closing any time I went near the car in the garage. I also got a sunscreen. My DS said they just started shipping them, so anyone who has already taken delivery should ask your DS for one. Weather was terrible today so didn't do much driving. Here's a link to some delivery pics. As soon as we get a sunny day, I'll take some better ones. First impression - AMAZING. more to follow.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ks2jalrqokiuo7b/AAAFkBnFNeDSdR-zJW7xqE_Ua?dl=0

Looks amazing!! Congratulations on the delivery, makes me more anxious to receive my X.

Congrats! Looks great! Would love a picture of the shade in place! That's the interior I ordered (seats and headliner at least) I think I'll be very happy with it! :). Hope to see mine soon!

Thanks for posting. Your car looks great. I believe that the car is supposed to learn not to open the door in certain places, if you do not get in. Not sure if you have to just leave it alone, or if you have to close the door yourself, since waiting a minute for the door to self close is kind if a long time. Now you are ready for your trip, and there are plenty of Superchargers along the way.

Lo and behold! Todays check of the website shows a VIN # 0009XX. So does that mean we are only a few hundred cars away from having ours? I noticed someone just received their car with a VIN in the 200's. If they are truly ramped up to 250 a week, we should be just a few weeks away from completion????? Then shipment to Eastern FL for us to pick up from Naples. Wow!

Make that 2 who woke up today with a vin also in the 900's. updated tracker, called my honey to let him know to pull out the checkbook and line up electrician. Now I'm going to start twiX dancing (it's like the twist and twerking) especially created for this occasion.

Having a VIN means you are slightly closer to delivery. **BUT** you cannot infer anything about how close you are. Some Sigs still have not had their cars delivered. I am still waiting for VIN 00013x which has been sitting in QC at the factory for at least two weeks. It's a step in the right direction, but don't hold your breath until the DS tells you something concrete about delivery. Sorry to rain on your parade, as I remember the initial excitement I felt when I received a VIN on 12/23, but just trying to keep it real and save you from the bigger disappointment I felt later.

More time to work on hand stands as part of delivery dance. A quick study, I've deciphered how Tesla time works. Our electrician works in the same time zone, he's family and it's free so better to be ahead of the game. One big step forward as far as I'm concerned and I'll take it. what can I say, I'm a lemonade kinda gal.

Thanks for the Clarification...

Having a VIN means you are slightly closer to delivery. **BUT** you cannot infer anything about how close you are. Some Sigs still have not had their cars delivered. I am still waiting for VIN 00013x which has been sitting in QC at the factory for at least two weeks. It's a step in the right direction, but don't hold your breath until the DS tells you something concrete about delivery. Sorry to rain on your parade, as I remember the initial excitement I felt when I received a VIN on 12/23, but just trying to keep it real and save you from the bigger disappointment I felt later.

Our order has all the upgrades except ludicrous, and does not have black wheels or anything else that others have noted might cause delays, so I am optimistic. Could it be that one of your Sig features did not pass QC so they are having trouble finding a replacement for something they did not order a lot of? ANyway, Good Luck!!!