Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still don’t have FSD trial.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the trial last week…not sure what the priority system is because I drive like a bat out of h*ll so my score must be terrible.

Tried the trial and not all that impressed with it, still seems very unrefined. I used the analogy to my wife that it was like a driver learning how to drive.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
2022 MP3 and no trial for me either... Are they rolling it out in some sort of staggered fashion, because my luck in those situations is always to be last in the cue :( 99.9% of people will be talking about new software updates, and then I'll get it like 2 months later :( I'm not really complaining or worried as the wording says "one-month free trial" and not "Free trial this month only". It would just be nice to have a vague idea what the rollout schedule is... I think Elon is just assuming that a huge percentage of Tesla owners are pretty oblivious to things like this and when they get the message on their screens it will be like, "Surprise!" and a smile, rather than the less than 1% of Tesla owners (like the one's here) who are literally chomping at the bit and know the cars inside and out, and know weeks before, the scheduled day a new software update is going to be released :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Daybyday
2022 MP3 and no trial for me either... Are they rolling it out in some sort of staggered fashion, because my luck in those situations is always to be last in the cue :( 99.9% of people will be talking about new software updates, and then I'll get it like 2 months later :( I'm not really complaining or worried as the wording says "one-month free trial" and not "Free trial this month only". It would just be nice to have a vague idea what the rollout schedule is... I think Elon is just assuming that a huge percentage of Tesla owners are pretty oblivious to things like this and when they get the message on their screens it will be like, "Surprise!" and a smile, rather than the less than 1% of Tesla owners (like the one's here) who are literally chomping at the bit and know the cars inside and out, and know weeks before, the scheduled day a new software update is going to be released :)
What wording? Elons Twitter account? Good luck with that in class action lawsuit. Sorry I’m salty because I have multiple people with the trial who are afraid to use it and I who would use it can’t get it.

EDIT: I see Tesla has it actually in their site but says you must have fsd 12.3. How much does someone want to bet that they throw branch 8 on 12.4 eventually and say sorry it’s not 12.3. lol.

Reactions: schuchm
What version is your software on?
If you are on 2024.8.X then you are actually on what was the latest and greatest regular version....ahead of the curve....only about 16% (based on TeslaFi stats) got to that latest branch before they released the FSD trial. Unfortunately for those that were ahead of the curve the FSD V12 wasn't on that 2024.8.X version yet. So it was actually the people behind the upgrade curve (most on 2024.2.6 or 2.7) that got the 2024.3.6 or 3.10 that included FSD 12.

I'm curious if there is anyone out there still on 2024.2.7 or earlier that doesn't have the opportunity to install 2024.3.10 by now? I know there are people who intentionally stay back on older versions but I'd assume everyone on 2.7 or earlier has the newer version offered to them and they are just avoiding it.

Of course excluding the cars that don't have a V12 ready for them like CT, new M3, old S/X. But does anyone with a MY, later S/X or pre-facelift M3 not have the offer to move to 3.10 if you are on 2.7 or earlier?

What version is your software on?
If you are on 2024.8.X then you are actually on what was the latest and greatest regular version....ahead of the curve....only about 16% (based on TeslaFi stats) got to that latest branch before they released the FSD trial. Unfortunately for those that were ahead of the curve the FSD V12 wasn't on that 2024.8.X version yet. So it was actually the people behind the upgrade curve (most on 2024.2.6 or 2.7) that got the 2024.3.6 or 3.10 that included FSD 12.

I'm curious if there is anyone out there still on 2024.2.7 or earlier that doesn't have the opportunity to install 2024.3.10 by now? I know there are people who intentionally stay back on older versions but I'd assume everyone on 2.7 or earlier has the newer version offered to them and they are just avoiding it.

Of course excluding the cars that don't have a V12 ready for them like CT, new M3, old S/X. But does anyone with a MY, later S/X or pre-facelift M3 not have the offer to move to 3.10 if you are on 2.7 or earlier?
i'm on 8.7

I actually think its a good thing that not all tesla's have v12 fsd. After using v12 fsd for a week, I've come to the conclusion that its not ready for prime time just yet.

While its a vast improvement over v11, and I've personally had most of my drives without any disengagements, there's still too many edge cases that it doesn't handle properly.

I've had situations where:
  • goes straight instead of turning left even though the lane marking is clearly marked as a left. This is most likely due to incorrect map data.
  • makes a left from the middle lane and doesn't stay in that lane and goes to the right lane, cutting off the driver
  • mistakes a bicycle marking for a speed bump and slows down
  • does the fsd wiggle, where it wants to make a lane change but then changes it mind and goes back to its original lane
Here's hoping v12.4 fixes most of these issues.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adam3

I just re-subscribed to FSD and only got 2024.2.7, which only has the beta FSD. And since beta is essentially over, there is no option to opt in anymore. So I am now paying for FSD but am not able to get the 'FSD supervised' software (2024.3.10). It's been 4 days and my car still says it has the latest software. I've been in the beta program previously, so I know my car is capable.

I've been on 2024.2.7 since 4/1. April Fools on me since I never got the trial and the new nag-laden version really blows. Had been holding onto 2023.44.1 for 4 months and wish I never upgraded.

Im genuinely hoping Tesla never sends me the update.

I don’t want the fsd. I actually find the 12-15k price tag for FSD insulting. Tesla should take that amount off the car price to test the product for them and provide data.