Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Waiting for Elon's Blog Post on Autopilot Update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the notification today about the firmware update. I was Supercharging at the Fremont Factory. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I didn't schedule the update because I want to find out more about the safety restrictions put in 8.0. Looks like they will be more diligent about enforcing hands on. That's not bad. But apparently if you wait too long to grab the wheel, Autosteer will be disabled until you pull over and put it in Park. What other restrictions are lurking in there? The Elektrek.co article is pretty descriptive. I plan on finding out more before I enable the 8.0 update.

Tesla will soon introduce new Autopilot safety restrictions after recent accidents

Hi Blu Zap, which firmware release update did you get? It seems that only decimals of 7.1 have been released, all with very minor mods. Did you receive something different?

This afternoon meant some time in the next week or so. By the end of the weekend meant, again, sometime in the next week. Tomorrow must mean.................Oh Darn. Tomorrow never comes! It was an EPG! (Elon Practical Joke)

Taking delivery of our first Model S next week. Anxious to read the news. Hoping it will erase any semi-subconscious thoughts of cancelling and ordering later for AP2. I think the AP is good for me as it is. But thinking resale value will be much higher with AP 3. Of course, the up front cost of AP 3 may be a big bump also. I guess I will make my decision tonight, or maybe by the end of the weekend, or whenever. Now I know how Mr M. feels.

Tesla. Love the concept. Love the car

Drive Safe

Elon posted multiple tweets last night, primarily relating to SpaceX. So far the SpaceX team has been unable to identify the cause of the recent launch pad explosion. He said it is the most difficult failure investigation they have ever experienced. And the future of SpaceX rides on figuring it out and implementing changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. I don't see how they can proceed with their launch schedule until they do. So I really feel for the guy and the entire SpaceX team. They are dealing with an existential threat to the company. They have to figure out what happened before they fuel the rockets for the next launch. Time is money and every day of delay is costly. Their insurance premiums could skyrocket.

The Tesla Motors team is proceeding with AP V8 and AP 2.0 whether Elon makes his blog post or not.

Why would Elon give himself another deadline. That's main item people have issue with. Don't tweet that you will do it later today and just do it. It's like it has something against under promising and over delivering so he goes out of his way not to do it.

Why would Elon give himself another deadline. That's main item people have issue with. Don't tweet that you will do it later today and just do it. It's like it has something against under promising and over delivering so he goes out of his way not to do it.

For the same reason people set their alarm clocks every night, and schedule meetings, doctor appointments, hair appointments, dinner dates etc... To specifically mark important events and guide them through life.

Besides, it was only a timeline to get back to the project, not a timeline for when it would be completed.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Elon posted multiple tweets last night, primarily relating to SpaceX. So far the SpaceX team has been unable to identify the cause of the recent launch pad explosion. He said it is the most difficult failure investigation they have ever experienced. And the future of SpaceX rides on figuring it out and implementing changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. I don't see how they can proceed with their launch schedule until they do. So I really feel for the guy and the entire SpaceX team. They are dealing with an existential threat to the company. They have to figure out what happened before they fuel the rockets for the next launch. Time is money and every day of delay is costly. Their insurance premiums could skyrocket.

The Tesla Motors team is proceeding with AP V8 and AP 2.0 whether Elon makes his blog post or not.

He said he couldn't find the apparent source of explosion.

Maybe a UFO? haha

• Funny
Reactions: Sugacookie
Now i think EM is just stalling 20 more days to not mess with Q3 numbers at all... unconfirmed orders do almost nothing for the bottom line, and that seems like Teslas chief concern now. BUT canceled orders could hurt if he even mentioned 2.0 hardware "coming up down the road"

Now i think EM is just stalling 20 more days to not mess with Q3 numbers at all... unconfirmed orders do almost nothing for the bottom line, and that seems like Teslas chief concern now. BUT canceled orders could hurt if he even mentioned 2.0 hardware "coming up down the road"
Tesla hasn't Osborned any previous car, and Elon is smart enough not to start now. This is why Tesla doesn't do model years.

Elon could write a blog post about V8.0 without saying anything about the next version of the AP hardware and it could still be interesting, informative, and help sell the cars Tesla is building right now.

If he really wanted to stall, he could stay off Twitter and not set any deadlines.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. Just a CEO setting an aggressive deadline and then facing setbacks.

If he really wanted to stall, he could stay off Twitter and not set any deadlines.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. Just a CEO setting an aggressive deadline and then facing setbacks.
3 agreesive deadlines for the same blog post right before capital raise...

It's a blog post. People here would have been happy with 6 sentences to form a paragraph.