Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

Battpower

Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2019
Uk
it would still be interesting to know exactly why the maximum charge rate has been capped so much.

The problems for which Tesla throttled the charge rate had never been seen before.

Despite nearly 15k posts, I'm not sure there is a definitive statement as to exactly why the charge rate cap was imposed, why some cars seem to have reverted to higher rates, why non-updated cars have not been formally required to run with rate reducing / testing firmware and if similar rate caps are applied universally given the detection of certain indicators.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Despite nearly 15k posts, I'm not sure there is a definitive statement as to exactly why the charge rate cap was imposed, why some cars seem to have reverted to higher rates, why non-updated cars have not been formally required to run with rate reducing / testing firmware and if similar rate caps are applied universally given the detection of certain indicators.

What cars have reverted to higher rates????????????????????? Are there any 85's charging higher than 110 = SOC + KW?

Reactions: gmo43

Battpower

Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2019
Uk
What cars have reverted to higher rates????????????????????? Are there any 85's charging higher than 110 = SOC + KW?
To be precise, owners say they see charging rates higher.

I will try and find posts to quote, but I am basing my comment on what I have read on TMC.

I agree that the more common experience and sentiment for the future is that capped rates remain in place.

Florian500

Jun 10, 2020
Berlin (Germany)
To be precise, owners say they see charging rates higher.
For more than 30 seconds?
The initial peak is still at >120kW, but tapers off to 110-SoC in a few seconds.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-17 um 13.16.33.png

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke

oaito

Apr 27, 2017
Europe
You could extract the raw data and filter it yourself.
Which additional filters do you need?
Hi! I'm trying to filter the Teslalogger charging data by multiple selections to include all the different 85 variants: 85, 85D, P85, P85+ P85D. Perhaps there is a possibility to add filters for Firmwareversions to exclude and multiple selections via URL?

I am waiting for a local SuC to be opened to start a series of tests to establish the current state of capacity and charge speeds. Looking into the docker/synology integration for that.

Nevertheless, I am wondering whether there is an easy way to show the time to add a certain amount of Energy added to the battery? Comparing charge speed per SoC seems to ignore the actual degradation of an individual battery.

Best regards! Oaito.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC