Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for V11 Rework/Improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say that I find most of the V11 updates to be good. I actually hated the cards for tire pressure, could never get the thing to show up. Putting the defrost button back seems to be in an upcoming release, right? These are the things I would like to change in the interface, some of them are V11 related and others have been there a while:

V11 changes that need to be reverted
1. Put the Autopilot symbol back next to the speed limit display. Why did they make it a tiny icon next to the gear selector?
2. Agree that the blind spot display should be larger and at the upper left or right corner of the screen, but it only needs to be there when the turn signal is in temp mode, e.g. when you are changing lanes. When you click the signal (as for an upcoming turn) you don't need to see that display and it should go away.
3. Why doesn't it tell me how much battery will be left when I get there? It did temporarily at first, now it seems to be just gone.

Legacy things that drive me batty:
1. Temperature settings should NOT be profile-specific. It drives me crazy to set the temperature when I get in the car, only to have it switch as soon as I get ready to drive. Really, I have 3 profiles for myself and I have to keep adjusting the temperature every time it switches from Easy Entry to my primary, and again when I switch to rest mode. Actually, I would swear that it switches the temperature on me randomly even after I adjust it. I may be crazy, but I set my thermostat in the car to just about outside temperature until it gets outside of the comfort range between 68 and 78.
2. Speaking of profiles, why does it sometimes decide my wife is driving even if I got in the car first?

Reactions: OliverM3
I have to say that I find most of the V11 updates to be good. I actually hated the cards for tire pressure, could never get the thing to show up. Putting the defrost button back seems to be in an upcoming release, right? These are the things I would like to change in the interface, some of them are V11 related and others have been there a while:

V11 changes that need to be reverted
1. Put the Autopilot symbol back next to the speed limit display. Why did they make it a tiny icon next to the gear selector?
2. Agree that the blind spot display should be larger and at the upper left or right corner of the screen, but it only needs to be there when the turn signal is in temp mode, e.g. when you are changing lanes. When you click the signal (as for an upcoming turn) you don't need to see that display and it should go away.
3. Why doesn't it tell me how much battery will be left when I get there? It did temporarily at first, now it seems to be just gone.

Legacy things that drive me batty:
1. Temperature settings should NOT be profile-specific. It drives me crazy to set the temperature when I get in the car, only to have it switch as soon as I get ready to drive. Really, I have 3 profiles for myself and I have to keep adjusting the temperature every time it switches from Easy Entry to my primary, and again when I switch to rest mode. Actually, I would swear that it switches the temperature on me randomly even after I adjust it. I may be crazy, but I set my thermostat in the car to just about outside temperature until it gets outside of the comfort range between 68 and 78.
2. Speaking of profiles, why does it sometimes decide my wife is driving even if I got in the car first?
why do you have 3 profiles? And why can't you just set the temp in all 3 profiles? If you're going to the trouble of making profiles then that shouldn't be that big of a deal. My wife has the temp on Celsius and I have it on Fahrenheit, so the profile system works perfectly for us.

As far as the cards go, a lot of people loved them but there's no reason they couldn't have put the information in a menu and left the cards. the people who didn't like them wouldn't have to use them. Having to open a menu that takes multiple taps and completely obscures the map to see the trip information drives me crazy.

The battery info can be found by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the driving directions, but you're right - it should be at the top and easy to see.

I have my phone set as the primary device but my car will still randomly go to my wife's profile. I assume it has to do with which device connects first. At least now the profile info is available on the main screen without digging through the menus.

This should be user settable. Many people use the turn signal "normally" for changing lanes and then turn it off after they have finished the lane change. Also, if you signal, then notice that something is there, you may want to leave both the signal and the lane watch display on until you can actually start and then finish the lane change.

It would be good to have the tire pressure and whatever other cards were available for the lower left display to be available, although the lane watch would temporarily cover them.

But the biggest improvements would be:
  1. Increase the number of custom icons on the bottom row (there is plenty of space for more than four, especially if the last used is replaced by a custom slot).
  2. Add some functionality as custom icons: wiper control, headlamp control, fan speed increase/decrease, heated seat control.
  3. Make the audio system default to last state. I.e. if USB was playing, then the audio system goes back to USB where it left off by default.

Reactions: SalisburySam
Isn’t 3 an industry standard? I’ve never even thought about adjusting the number. Wonder if I had it on previous cars🤔
yeah it's been three on every car i've ever had, and i've always felt 3 was not enough. i wouldn't ever expect MB or Toyota to make this customizable, but given that teslas are computers on wheels, it would be totally doable.

yeah it's been three on every car i've ever had, and i've always felt 3 was not enough. i wouldn't ever expect MB or Toyota to make this customizable, but given that teslas are computers on wheels, it would be totally doable.
They’re only just giving you customised “buttons” at the base of the screen, why would you think they’d give you customisable indicators🤷🏼‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: lensovet and Boza
They’re only just giving you customised “buttons” at the base of the screen, why would you think they’d give you customisable indicators🤷🏼‍♂️
I had a 2017 A4 and you could customize things like which doors would unlock with different FOBs. I don’t think I could customize the blinker but I can’t remember at this point. Either way, 5 years ago Audi allowed significant customization. The number of blinks wouldn’t be difficult, it’s just something they haven’t done. (what cars let you customize this? I”ve never had a car that does)

Reactions: Boza
One feature I am surprised we haven't received is the ability to change how many times your turn signal blinks on a half stalk toggle. Seems it would be an incredibly simple tweak that most cars nowadays provide.
Yeah my 2016 Audi S3 I changed to 4 since 3 just isn't enough. Also I think it should be more since it brings up the camera. By the time you look the view is gone.

I had a 2017 A4 and you could customize things like which doors would unlock with different FOBs. I don’t think I could customize the blinker but I can’t remember at this point. Either way, 5 years ago Audi allowed significant customization. The number of blinks wouldn’t be difficult, it’s just something they haven’t done. (what cars let you customize this? I”ve never had a car that does)
Is that the difference between an Audi & a Skoda then? £5k more gets you customisable indicators?😈🤣

why do you have 3 profiles? And why can't you just set the temp in all 3 profiles? If you're going to the trouble of making profiles then that shouldn't be that big of a deal. My wife has the temp on Celsius and I have it on Fahrenheit, so the profile system works perfectly for us.
First there is the temp you set on the app for preconditioning. Then there is the Easy Entry profile. Finally, your driving profile. In my case, I have one extra profile for meditating/napping. Others have profiles for dining/working in the car. I want the temperature setting to stay where I set it today, not the last time I was in that profile.

However, I agree that the temperature READOUT should follow your profile - along with your other metric/imperial system choices and your airflow choices and other things in the profile. Just the temperature setting itself should not be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNHurt and lensovet