Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Traverse City, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG-20170626-WA0001.jpg I walked the parking lot and found red flags near the Meijer gas station end in an island.

Attachments

• Photo from Bruce Westlake.jpg
    Photo from Bruce Westlake.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Well... well... this is disappointing. I'm driving my daughter up to Interlochen in a few weeks, but I guess I'll just have to hit Cadillac on the way in and out, instead.

We drive up Illinois and Wisconsin and take the SS Badger over to Michigan. I get a kick out of seeing the electric car drive onto the coal / steam ferry.

I also take that ferry. This summer will be my first Tesla on the ferry.

BUT THE GRET NEWS IS THAT THE LUDINGTON SUPERCHARGER OPENED 3 DAYS AGO!!!!

I also take that ferry. This summer will be my first Tesla on the ferry.

BUT THE GRET NEWS IS THAT THE LUDINGTON SUPERCHARGER OPENED 3 DAYS AGO!!!!

For you all unfamiliar with the ferry, it's Michigan port is Ludington.

AND Grichard, great news that your daughter is going to Interlochen. What is her area of study?

We have a cottage on Crystal Lake. I will list my 110v on Plugshare so you can find me. We will be there July 29 thru Aug 19.

I'm new here. do people post email addresses or phone numbers?

I'm new here. do people post email addresses or phone numbers?

I recommend against it. Posting your email address on any forum is a very bad idea because address-gathering bots that crawl web forums will slurp it up and add it to spam lists. Some now even understand how to parse one written as joe(at)domain(dot)com. As for phone numbers, I think you know why that's a bad idea. But you can click someone's name on TMC and send a private message (PM).

Supercharger.info Says permit out and 101 days for permit status. for traverse city MI

BTW, what's the correlation to Permit Status and number of days.
The label on supercharger.info is a bit misleading. Permit just means the location has been identified but construction has not yet started. It does not necessarily indicate a permit has been filed or approved.

The label on supercharger.info is a bit misleading. Permit just means the location has been identified but construction has not yet started. It does not necessarily indicate a permit has been filed or approved.
I wonder if the folks at supercharge.info should rename the label from "Permit" to "Pre-Construction" for clarity. I've thought about this a few times in the past when the word "Permit" has been confusing.

Joel, I think you have a contact there. Can you make this recommendation?

I wonder if the folks at supercharge.info should rename the label from "Permit" to "Pre-Construction" for clarity. I've thought about this a few times in the past when the word "Permit" has been confusing.

Joel, I think you have a contact there. Can you make this recommendation?

Yes.

I'd imagine it will be in full construction soon. My speculation is the Marshall crew went to Lansing, and the Luddington crew is moving on to the Traverse City site.

Unfortunately, this SC will not be completed until winter at best, and will not serve Northern Michigan's vacation peak. Tesla's declaration of doubling SCs in 2017 is impossible, as the year is now half over with only 4 good months of construction weather left.

My brother in law just saw the permit in the TC paper!

Here are the permits:
Street# Street Name Township Permit Type Permit Date Description Status Closed Date
4002 FRANKE RD CITY OF TRAVERSE CITY BUILDING 6/23/2017 CONSTRUCT A 14' X 14' X 8' HIGH (196 SF) FENCE ENCLOSURE FOR ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT. USE GROUP U, 5B CONSTRUCTION. Open N/A
4002 FRANKE RD CITY OF TRAVERSE CITY ELECTRICAL 6/27/2017 NEW TESLA CAR CHARGING STATION Open N/A

We did a couple laps around the the Meijer parking lot today but couldn't find any sign of construction. The main lot on the east was packed. The lot to the north was fairly empty and would have the least chance of getting ICEd. The building transformers are on the south side of the building with the loading docks so I doubt they would put them there.

We did spot several Xtra rental trailers parked in the corner of the lot. At first, we were excited, thinking they could contain Supercharger equipment but then we figured they could just be for Meijer for extra storage. In higher traffic areas such as this, has anyone seen Supercharging equipment stored in semi trailers before installation? At the Superchargers I've seen under construction, the wooden Tesla crates were just sitting there behind a temporary fence.