Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
Eight Charging Stalls Expected by Mid-October

Maryland House Location:

I-95 at mile marker 82 between Exit 80 (MD 543) and Exit 85 (MD 22)

PlugInSites_MarylandHouse_Map.png

Hot diggity. I remember going past Maryland House on my way to the Newark Supercharger back when it was four stalls, and thinking this would be a perfect location to take some pressure off of Newark. Newark doesn't need pressure taken off it so much these days, but it remains a great spot for a new installation. Should be good news for people who want to avoid the craziness of Woodbridge and what I presume will be the craziness of Laurel when passing through on I-95.

Looks like the 2016 Tesla Supercharger map on Tesla website is filling in. Based on this find, I would guess the Queenstown outlets would also be also in line for a Supercharger. There is a pin directly beneath Aberdeen. It was always a guess as to what side of the Bay Bridge it was destined for.

Looks like the 2016 Tesla Supercharger map on Tesla website is filling in. Based on this find, I would guess the Queenstown outlets would also be also in line for a Supercharger. There is a pin directly beneath Aberdeen. It was always a guess as to what side of the Bay Bridge it was destined for.

I hope you're right. Queensland would really come in handy for one of the more frequent trips I do - mostly for a shorter visit, where I don't have enough time to charge at the other end. :)

I hope you're right. Queensland would really come in handy for one of the more frequent trips I do - mostly for a shorter visit, where I don't have enough time to charge at the other end. :)

Queenstown would be a great thing. I'd also love to be transported to Queensland in my Tesla - that would be awesome. Was there years ago and loved it. What a way to tour the country.. Sorry couldn't resist.

+1 to all the hoorays for Maryland House. Great choice.

@Chuq - I first heard about the possibility of this Supercharger location in February and I've been working since then to get sources to officially confirm it. After lots of calls and emails, including a period of time when I sensed the Superchargers were being reconsidered, I finally got the Maryland DOT and the private company that operates the Travel Plaza to go on the record that the Tesla Superchargers are, in fact, under an agreement to be installed. I'm pretty sure nobody else has independently reported this. I'm very confident of the info and sources quoted in the article.

Is there a permit issued yet for purposes of supercharge.info? I'm not sure, but I may be able to find out from the county next week. Might be a bit early since, in my experience, the permit gets issued shortly before construction begins.

Lanny