Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When traveling I try to pick up a coffee and bagel before stopping at the Newark SC. The food court is not the greatest North bound I get off at 273 head west to the WAWA or DD maybe 1/2 mile after getting off I95. Then head over to 895 and back to I95,to the Newark SC. Side benefit you don't have the $4.00 toll by going around. You go about three miles out of your way. I just think the food is better and it’s not going to kill your travel time.

Reactions: kevinf311
No news here.

"Thank you for your email. We are actively scouting for site locations in Aberdeen, MD, but we are still in the early stages of deployment. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Maryland, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team"

• Informative
Reactions: Austral
Wonder if this means Maryland House is off the table now?

No news here.

"Thank you for your email. We are actively scouting for site locations in Aberdeen, MD, but we are still in the early stages of deployment. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Maryland, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team"

Imagine if Tesla utilized some of their unpaid fans to man the phones to help push these processes along! I'd call!
Agreed!! How many times have TMC members crowdsourced evaluation of potential locations? And if we spent 1/2 as much time pushing the process as we've spent looking for clues on permitting sites... I think it would be a win/win :)

There is some sort of construction going on at the South end. I can't tell if it's for Superchargers or not. The square footage looks about right. Maybe somebody can tell something from these.

IMG_20170113_200431.jpg IMG_20170113_200431.jpg IMG_20170113_200401.jpg IMG_20170113_200550.jpg IMG_20170113_200313.jpg IMG_20170113_200326.jpg

Im confused as it said permit applied for and then supercharger team email said still shopping for sites? Is there any update? I drive the 95 corridor from NJ to Charlottesville all the time and hate Laurel site. Something on 95 in Aberdeen area would be ideal

Latest announcement and interactive map from Tesla on 2017 projections moves the Aberdeen site out of Maryland House and on to Rte 40. Make of it what you will.

Find Us | Tesla

Edit: playing around some more, I see they also put the DC supercharger in the middle of Scott Circle, so maybe shouldn't put any credence in exact locations.

Last edited:
Edit: playing around some more, I see they also put the DC supercharger in the middle of Scott Circle, so maybe shouldn't put any credence in exact locations.

Right. They're just showing us the general layout of their plans - necessary if they haven't gotten some of the property owners on board yet.

The Maryland House is a much more sensible choice than downtown, and Newark and Cranbury are precedents (though in other states.)

Looks like work is starting at Maryland House. Posted on Miss Utility.

"FOR NEW SUPER CHARGING STATION-THIS IS THE MARYLAND HOUSE TRAVEL PLAZA LOC THE AREA IN WHITE PAINT ON THE NORTH SIDE PARKING LOT IN THE MIDDLE MEDIAN( PARKING STRIP) CLOSEST TO THE SONOCO GAS STATION( WHICH IS LISTED AS ELEVATION BURGER ON GOOGLE THE PARKING LOT FOR THE TRAVEL PLAZA ALSO LOC THE PATH STARTING FROM THE 8 PARKING SPACES GOING NORTH THE AREA FOR LANE IS MARKED WITH WHITE PAINTED ARROWS GOING TO THE TOP RIGHT SIDE OF THE BUILDING OF THE TRAVEL PLAZA GOING TO THE TRANSFORMER ( THIS IS APPROX 310) THE TRAVEL PLAZA IS LOCATED AT MILE MARKER # 82 THIS IS WITHIN LAST 8 PARKING SPACES IN THIS ROW BETWEEN ELEVATION BURGER WHOICH IS NOW THE SONOROC AND THE NS MD 86 REST AREA STARTING FROM THE ABHOVE INTERSECTION TRAVERL NORTH EAST ON 95 FOR APPROX 1.43 MILES THIS WILL PLACE YOU INSIDE OF THE MEDIAN OF THE DIG SITE IN BETWEEN ELEVATION BURGER WHIOCH IS NOW SONOCO AND ND MD 86 REST AREA AT THE NORTH SIDE PAKIMG LOT"