Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree -- it was not easy to maneuver, and I as the only one there.

Here is the only shot I have showing the cones. The one you see right behind the car is a row running parallel to the stalls, then makes a right-angle turn and blocks off the last four stalls. Sorry, it doesn't really show it very well.
View attachment 231217
Looking at your pictures I just realized I/we made it even harder to maneuver. I backed in to charge. So did the other individual while I was there.

Reactions: BerTX
Using cones to discourage parking in SC spots is not that unusual.
I first saw this in Springfield, OR where the cones were generic white cones.
More recently, the hotel where the The Dalles, OR SC is located repaved its parking lot.
The parking spot divider lines are painted in green that makes then stand out (probably only during the day).
Also, the dedicated spots were coned off with neon-green cones bearing the letters "TESLA" vertically..
Right, not unusual to have cones in the stalls. These cones block access to the entire part of the parking lot where the stalls are located.

Drove out to the coast this weekend and I just had to stop by the Aberdeen SC since it was along the way and it'll be one of the first spots I visit when I get my Model 3. I was impressed at how large the parking lot was. Aside from the 8 bays for charging and the access lane adjacent to the bays, there were about 30 additional normal parking spots. I'm assuming that all of it belongs (owned or leased) to Tesla. Not having visited any other SC locations, is this typical?

It occurred to me that the additional real estate could intended for future expansion. More SC bays? Or maybe some kind of Tesla leased business, like a Starbucks, to visit while picking up a charge?

Attachments

• 20170903_095141[1].jpg
    20170903_095141[1].jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 127
Drove out to the coast this weekend and I just had to stop by the Aberdeen SC since it was along the way and it'll be one of the first spots I visit when I get my Model 3. I was impressed at how large the parking lot was. Aside from the 8 bays for charging and the access lane adjacent to the bays, there were about 30 additional normal parking spots. I'm assuming that all of it belongs (owned or leased) to Tesla. Not having visited any other SC locations, is this typical?

It occurred to me that the additional real estate could intended for future expansion. More SC bays? Or maybe some kind of Tesla leased business, like a Starbucks, to visit while picking up a charge?
Additional parking spaces reserved for or owned by Tesla at SCs is not the norm.
I don't know the parking lot configuration at this location so it is hard for me to tell if the lot (or that portion of it) is exclusively for Tesla's use.
Typically, the stalls reserved/primarliy for SC use are explicitly marked as such.

WIth M3 in mind, it is possible that Tesla is beginning to acquire/negotiate a bigger footprint for SCs than the one they initially deploy.

Actually, across the street from the Aberdeen Superchargers is an old unoccupied brick building, which will become the Aberdeen/Grays Harbor Welcome center. Basically the building on the right when you come off the bridge. They are going to rehabilitate that entire block on the right side, to include an entry arch.

Inside the building will be RESTROOMS, and unknown type of businesses. I suspect a coffee shop and Chamber of Commerce with lots and lots of brochures. There's also going to be some significant downtown improvements.

Aberdeen Gateway Project Fly Through – Downtown Aberdeen

So, no Tesla does not own the parking lot. The back side will be parking for the Welcome Center. Plans are for additional EV chargers in the same parking lot for other car types. The lot is owned by the City of Aberdeen. Tesla paid the city for the spaces and Tesla pays for the power.

Last edited:
Here's an idea for a fun experience: The 2018 Aberdeen Founders Day Parade will be held on Saturday, June 30, 2018. I'm organizing a Tesla contingent to be in the parade. Aberdeen is excited to have the Supercharger in their town and will welcome us in the parade.

New - Aberdeen Founders' Day Parade & Street Fair - Aberdeen, WA - Tesla Owners Club Pacific Northwest

Take a look at the link and let me know if you'll be there! There will be a show and shine area after the parade to show off your car and to offer rides!

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
An almost-four-year update:

Charged here yesterday mid-afternoon. The Aberdeen SpC instantly became simultaneously our very favorite and the most disgusting one we’ve ever experienced.
It didn’t hurt in obtaining the #1 spot that we’re in the middle of a stretch of the most perfect weather imaginable: mid-60s and a deep blue sky to forever.
Well enough, but that every one of the stalls allows us to pull straight in, with close to an acre of open maneuvering space to our rear: unsurpassable!

But...this is Aberdeen, a blighted PNW urban area. And adjacent to the SpC power center has been placed an outhouse. Those two factors combine to make it unavoidably perfect for a squatters’ camp.
“No problem, no matter,” thought I.

Boy, was I wrong. While Jenny and 3 1/2 y-o Gus stayed in the Model X, I satisfied my curiosity at the contents of the kitty-corner parklet (mentioned up-thread, I see).

Heading off thereto, as I approached the corner traffic signal, a passing pickup tapped its horns a number of times and from the homeless camp a pasty-skinned, doughy specimen arose, and, lifting her shirt, jiggle-danced her braless self to the truck.

Unpleasant, but I dismissed it as harmless enough.
Upon returning from the park, however, I learned that that had been just the beginning of the show. Jenny told me Our Heroine had gone and performed a long-lasting, utterly complete strip tease specifically toward her and a perplexed, mystified Gus.

Yecch.

• Informative
Reactions: ArmandRose