Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just so we don't all bother them, fyi, I called the Alex Target store and asked if they had any info. The person told me that she feels construction will start "soon, like within a month". She told me to call back and talk to someone on Monday who may have more information. I'll post what I find out.
Any update? Wife won’t let me buy until we are sure a Supercharger is going to be installed this year.

Reactions: Cyberjr
I called and talked to the person at Target that is in charge of overseeing that the construction doesn't interfere with Target's business. It's a strange situation as Target really has nothing to do with the construction other than permitting Tesla to install the SCs on their lot. He was told construction could possibly start as early as this week. He also believes that it must be finished in 2-3 months. He really didn't have much concrete information as Tesla is coordinating all of the installation. Someone in Alexandria will have to keep an eye on the Target lot of when a temporary fence goes up in the corner of the Target lot. Hopefully it'll happen this week.

I called and talked to the person at Target that is in charge of overseeing that the construction doesn't interfere with Target's business. It's a strange situation as Target really has nothing to do with the construction other than permitting Tesla to install the SCs on their lot. He was told construction could possibly start as early as this week. He also believes that it must be finished in 2-3 months. He really didn't have much concrete information as Tesla is coordinating all of the installation. Someone in Alexandria will have to keep an eye on the Target lot of when a temporary fence goes up in the corner of the Target lot. Hopefully it'll happen this week.
Thanks for the update.

Good thing it will charge so quick you won't even worry about needing lunch ;)

That would be a welcome change. Coming from Fargo, we often need most of a charge, but it's often around a meal time too.

While not great dining, this Target location does have a Starbucks Coffee inside.

We're not coffee people, but could do what we usually do for a late morning stop, pick up a Subway and eat in the car while charging.

Reactions: lightfoot3b
No construction started yet. Several of the downtown merchants are very aware it is coming though.

Interestingly that intersection on hwy. 29 has had traffic lights for number of years. Now the city has seen the need to add a concrete walkway across the median and pedestrian controls for the lights. Now pedestrians will have much more convenient access to the frontage road on other side of hwy. 29 where Doolittle's is located.