Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by yesterday and today. Yesterday, it seems that they were running conduit under the street:
image.jpg

Today, it looks like the transformer got installed:
image.jpg

The meter still isn't hooked up, though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 719
I drove by today. DTE is in the area, with a technician doing something in a large box down the road, but that may be for the outparcel development next to the charging station (very thick wires were involved). There was also a non-DTE worker who was going between the caged area (it was open) and the transformer, and there were spools of cable nearby. The meter is not installed yet.

I drove by today. DTE is in the area, with a technician doing something in a large box down the road, but that may be for the outparcel development next to the charging station (very thick wires were involved). There was also a non-DTE worker who was going between the caged area (it was open) and the transformer, and there were spools of cable nearby. The meter is not installed yet.

I stopped by too and spoke to the DTE worker. He indicated DTE would be finished supplying the transformer with power tomorrow-Friday 8/7. He also indicated Tesla has more to do before they will be ready to 'flip the switch'. My guess is a couple weeks still, probably open for Labor Day weekend. There is much work still to be done.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I would be surprised if it took "weeks". Normally things move quickly once that big green box is installed. Lets hope for next week being online. However, it's now weeks PAST my trip up there so hopes and dreams might be misplaced at this point...

Stopped by today -- the meter is still not installed. On the plus side, the area in front of the stalls has been re-paved -- I guess Meijer's didn't want to block access to those stalls when they re-pave the rest of the lot (this is a project they have been doing in stages for a while).
image.jpg

Stopped by today -- the meter is still not installed. On the plus side, the area in front of the stalls has been re-paved -- I guess Meijer's didn't want to block access to those stalls when they re-pave the rest of the lot (this is a project they have been doing in stages for a while).

The Denver Airport Supercharger went live before the meter was installed. Xcel Energy put in a "jumper" for testing and the first week or so of operation before a meter was finally installed.

They don't "have to"...Many sites have lost one stall for any number of reasons. Tesla might decide to wait for other reasons. IE: Contractors need to be done before they start getting use...They might want everything perfect before they open. It is hard to tell. I honestly wonder if the stalls are operational now. Can anyone tell if the "Tesla" logo at the top is back lighted? That might be a sign that the stalls have power.