Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked with a Tesla person working on the installation. It will be available for charging this evening if all goes well today.
image.jpg

Very unfortunate. Maybe Norfolk will still get its ceremony, when they're ready; it can still be no. 500. I don't see that this should delay Ann Arbor or others, or am I missing something?

Last thing they need to do is have a ceremony at Norfolk. Just open it when they time comes with very little fanfare, and be done with it. Any kind of cermony will just look bad and bring attention back to the death. Just open it quietly, put it on the list and move on. It will probably 3 to 6 months before it opens. You know they will do a LONG drawn out investigation to determine if there is any inherent dangers from people using the chargers. Just the way it works with the gov't.

Last thing they need to do is have a ceremony at Norfolk. Just open it when they time comes with very little fanfare, and be done with it. Any kind of cermony will just look bad and bring attention back to the death. Just open it quietly, put it on the list and move on. It will probably 3 to 6 months before it opens. You know they will do a LONG drawn out investigation to determine if there is any inherent dangers from people using the chargers. Just the way it works with the gov't.
Tesla and/or Black and Veatch should take a few days to review whether this incident wasn't the result of some equipment/process issue that they've either been fortunate enough to avoid on earlier installations or that might have resulted from some equipment change (e.g., did they miss some subtle change in the switching gear).

They appear to be done, but when I plugged in my Prius nothing happened. :)

The leftmost one that had damage a few weeks ago has been repaired. The stalls are now labeled. There are no stickers covering the buttons. The red "Tesla" logos are lit, even though it's hard to tell in the daylight. The two LED streetlights above the stalls are even working now (and are unnecessarily on).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Exciting news! Congrats to all in the area, and repeated thanks to the locals and near-locals who kept everyone up to date. Good-bye, Indiana Toll Road! And thank you, Tesla. (Great pix, by the way.)

Supercharge.info has the site live already, although indicating 6 stalls instead of 8.

Pics from yesterday. The blue Hyundai in the background pulled in to one of the other stalls. I walked over to see what the driver was up to ended up helping him take a picture of himself with his filler cap open, holding the charge cable with a puzzled look on his face. I'm sorry I didn't think to ask him if I could snap one for myself too.

Attachments

• IMG_5913.PNG
    IMG_5913.PNG
    127.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_5916.JPG
    IMG_5916.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 398