Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ardmore, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still missing transformer
View attachment 947823
Still no transformer, no meter.

IMG_3229.jpeg

Cap’n, I’m givin’ her all she’s got. But no power!

For those that don't know, the Ardmore SC is on the property of the Interurban restaurant. It may or may not be significant, but that property is up for sale. I can't see how that would have any effect on the utility finishing the transformer install.

Turn-Key Restaurant for Sale
The property owner will still get the rental revenue from Tesla, so there shouldn't be any issue. It's only the utility provider that is holding it up as described a few posts back. FWIW, the West O SC in Lincoln took over six months between installation and powering up. So just because it appears to be almost ready, doesn't mean it will be opened up soon.

Looks like somebody’s trying to get something done but still no transformer, no meter and no power to the 12 V3 expansion stalls. The temporary urban chargers are still here.
IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3324.jpeg

IMG_3325.jpeg

The restaurant is officially for sale with a big ole sign in front. I hope this transition doesn’t hurt the Supercharger situation since SC stalls have taken over about a quarter of the parking lot.

You’re right. I’m assuming they’re finishing but it could just be the concrete pad. Hopefully it’s not months before any more work is done.
Your photo and update is appreciated none the less. OG&E has caught back up from all the multiple tornado damaged areas this year so hopefully they'll "git er done" in our life time. (welcome to the site)

Exciting for those of us that aren't planning on charging in Ardmore today 🤣
Glad I got my trip done yesterday.
There really needs to be a couple more SC locations along 35 and 135. The electric utilities in OK and KS are not too great. Salina has been down for no power a couple of times, and Perry multiple times. None of these times were the SC's fault (the gas stations were down too). I think the only time Ardmore was down was when there was the fire at the restaurant.

Reactions: GleanerC
There really needs to be a couple more SC locations along 35 and 135. The electric utilities in OK and KS are not too great. Salina has been down for no power a couple of times, and Perry multiple times. None of these times were the SC's fault (the gas stations were down too). I think the only time Ardmore was down was when there was the fire at the restaurant.
-<shrug>- Francis has done a good job blanketing the state. Each year I drive from Tulsa to Davis to drop the kids at Sumer Camp and again a week later to pick them up. I pass 3 Francis chargers and zero SCs. The first year, before I learned about Francis, we went down to Ardmore and back - added over an hour to the trip. This year we were able to charge without going out of our way.

-<shrug>- Francis has done a good job blanketing the state. Each year I drive from Tulsa to Davis to drop the kids at Sumer Camp and again a week later to pick them up. I pass 3 Francis chargers and zero SCs. The first year, before I learned about Francis, we went down to Ardmore and back - added over an hour to the trip. This year we were able to charge without going out of our way.
I tried multiple Francis stations in Norman this weekend.

Total dumpster fires.

Several were OOO despite showing online.
Two would charge for 1-5 min and then just stop.
One location advertised 100-200kW but would max at 50-60.

😜😜😜