Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ardmore, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it 12 new stalls? or 12 total stalls including the V2s?

@GleanerC 's post above said 2 rows of 6 each for 12 additional to the original. From his photo, that looks correct. Should be 18 total, 12 250's and 6 150's if that's true. The 2 portable 72's are pulled out and sitting way off to the side. I don't see them coming back. The 72's are still listed on the FindUS page for now. The electricians, etc. were all over it yesterday so I didn't get close or in their way. The excavated dirt is piled high between the active chargers and the news ones so I had no clear view without getting in the way.

Great news. Ardmore has been a bit of a pain spot traveling North into Oklahoma.

Oklahoma City also needs more stalls and/or sites too. I've been to OKC four times and every time, the 8 stalls there were full and had a wait. That one site serves both traffic from I-35 and I-40, both heavily used corridors along with OKC residents.

Agreed. One rumor was a new 24 charger grouping at Brass Pro in downtown OKC, but it never took shape. It's right at I-40 / I-35 interchange. The OKC chargers are also the shared 150's which slows everything down.
The okc sc had extra temp chargers on a trailer over the winter. Not sure if they were ever operational but they sorely need another along 35
That trailer was operation but only on the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday weeks and not in between. It took two of the normal charging spots off-line at night to recharge the batteries on the trailer for the next day. It was better than nothing.

Since Tesla did add temporary capacity at both Ardmore and OKC for a time they were obviously aware of the need. Now that Ardmore is expanding, I'm hopeful attention will be given to OKC as well. I'll take what I can get.

282AF1B8-E601-460D-953A-8FFADE2694EC.jpeg
23E9818E-5B3F-40B0-9A0F-72D2E4DD6340.jpeg
6186B10C-B018-4CEF-9B57-4D07134E4215.jpeg

Checking back in on our return trip from Starbase. 🚀

Lots of great progress. We have landscaping, trees, trash cans. Looks like the remainder of the equipment, minus the transformer, is now on site. And yes, 12 pedestals, 6 back to back. 👍🙂

This is really great. Ardmore was becoming a real bottleneck. However, there still needs to be a few more charging locations up I-35 because right now if one is down (This has actually happened to me a few times over the years at Perry and Salina due to power being out in the area) in most cases you're kind of stuck until power is restored.

Agreed. One rumor was a new 24 charger grouping at Brass Pro in downtown OKC, but it never took shape. It's right at I-40 / I-35 interchange. The OKC chargers are also the shared 150's which slows everything down.

That trailer was operation but only on the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday weeks and not in between. It took two of the normal charging spots off-line at night to recharge the batteries on the trailer for the next day. It was better than nothing.

Since Tesla did add temporary capacity at both Ardmore and OKC for a time they were obviously aware of the need. Now that Ardmore is expanding, I'm hopeful attention will be given to OKC as well. I'll take what I can get.

OKC needs a site for I-35 and I-44 travel. Unfortunately, the voting page only has an another OKC I-40 site.

Reactions: jerry33
OKC needs a site for I-35 and I-44 travel. Unfortunately, the voting page only has an another OKC I-40 site.

Agreed. Like I said a few posts above, one rumor was a new 24 charger grouping at Brass Pro in downtown OKC, but so far, it has not taken shape. It's right at I-40 / I-35 interchange in the "Bricktown" district.

Since the voting began, I keep suggesting locations like Norman, Downtown OKC, Shawnee, McAlester, Lawton, etc. it takes time for those to show up on the voting page. When they do, they get 300-400 votes max. I also see a trend where people want one in their own backyard and vote on those rather than getting the Interstate corridors fleshed out.

We've had several local people working hard on the mayor of Henryetta, OK for a couple of years now. She's on board, but there's no business owner in that town that has the vision to host one. We keep telling them it's guaranteed to bring all kinds of people with money to burn to your city. What business person would not want that? Perhaps they're barely making it as is and can't afford any cost what so ever.

Agreed. Like I said a few posts above, one rumor was a new 24 charger grouping at Brass Pro in downtown OKC, but so far, it has not taken shape. It's right at I-40 / I-35 interchange in the "Bricktown" district.

Since the voting began, I keep suggesting locations like Norman, Downtown OKC, Shawnee, McAlester, Lawton, etc. it takes time for those to show up on the voting page. When they do, they get 300-400 votes max. I also see a trend where people want one in their own backyard and vote on those rather than getting the Interstate corridors fleshed out.

We've had several local people working hard on the mayor of Henryetta, OK for a couple of years now. She's on board, but there's no business owner in that town that has the vision to host one. We keep telling them it's guaranteed to bring all kinds of people with money to burn to your city. What business person would not want that? Perhaps they're barely making it as is and can't afford any cost what so ever.
I'm incredibly frustrated by the trend of people wanting another "backyard" supercharger. I want to see a rule implemented in the voting process where new locations must be X amount of miles from existing locations.
Desperately want to see Lawton covered for selfish reasons. Edmond and Moore would be good choices in OKC for North / South travel on i35, McAlester would go a long way to connecting the Eastern part of the state.
I'll keep giving every vote I have to OK and hopefully they get the message.
In the interim - I bought a CHAdeMO adapter locally for my M3 because I can't get CCS yet and all my family is in OK. It's paid itself off in spades lol.

Reactions: Mark57 and jerry33
I'm incredibly frustrated by the trend of people wanting another "backyard" supercharger. I want to see a rule implemented in the voting process where new locations must be X amount of miles from existing locations.
Desperately want to see Lawton covered for selfish reasons. Edmond and Moore would be good choices in OKC for North / South travel on i35, McAlester would go a long way to connecting the Eastern part of the state.
In the interim - I bought a CHAdeMO adapter locally for my M3 because I can't get CCS yet and all my family is in OK. It's paid itself off in spades lol.
I, selfishly, would really like a Lawton Supercharger. I'm not holding my breath. I sat at the Kia J1772 charger, waiting for 3 hours, the last time I was there. This is the only Tesla compatible charger in Lawton. If it wasn't for family dryer and welder outlets I would be out of luck. At least they are inching closer with the Quanah, TX Supercharger and the coming soon Vernon Superchargers

Reactions: Mark57
I, selfishly, would really like a Lawton Supercharger. I'm not holding my breath. I sat at the Kia J1772 charger, waiting for 3 hours, the last time I was there. This is the only Tesla compatible charger in Lawton. If it wasn't for family dryer and welder outlets I would be out of luck. At least they are inching closer with the Quanah, TX Supercharger and the coming soon Vernon Superchargers
I would seriously recommend a CHAdeMO adapter. Even as a backup moving forward given CCS handles fail all the time. Of course, get your CCS upgrade when you can but the CHAdeMO adapter is a good stop gap. The Francis Energy station at the Hilton Garden Inn is solid. There are 8 pedestals. 4x 100kw and 4x 50kw.

I would seriously recommend a CHAdeMO adapter. Even as a backup moving forward given CCS handles fail all the time. Of course, get your CCS upgrade when you can but the CHAdeMO adapter is a good stop gap. The Francis Energy station at the Hilton Garden Inn is solid. There are 8 pedestals. 4x 100kw and 4x 50kw.
ya it bummed me out when Francis Energy didn't include a j1772 at that location.

I'd hope that whether a site wins the vote or not, that any vote count would be an indication of a need. The location suggested for Edmond was at N. Western and Memorial off the I-44 turnpike. Not the best for true cross country travelers. Terrible access for I-40 travelers and a toll charge and big detour for I-35 folks.

Thank you for the OK votes. I want the Interstates covered and the other locations will follow . . . . eventually.

I also want a Lawton charger. MY 21LR can make it from NW OKC to Charon's Garden area for rock climbing and back with no charging but there's not much cushion if something happens. I have a CCS adapter if needed.

I was at Ardmore very early this morning. I found what the big holdup is. There's no transformer and meter for the new stalls. All the work by everyone except the power company is done. I have it on good authority that OG&E was hammered by the tornado outbreak that smashed Shawnee and other OK cities last month. They always work to get existing customers back up and running before new sets go in. It's only fair. Even if they set the transformer today, there's final testing to be done. I'm very suspect that it's going to be ready for the Memorial Day holiday. It could happen, but I'm suspect. Fingers crossed.

The detailed photo was taken right behind my car in the wide area photo. The existing transformer is for the existing stalls. The additional transformer pad will set on top of the large gray conduit sticking up next to the meter.

PS, the 2 temporary 72's on a pallet chargers that were hooked up before the new stalls were built, are just sitting there waiting to be taken away. They are not hooked up or any cabling. They're right behind the trash cans in the wide pic in front of my car.

20230522_060534.jpg20230522_060105.jpg

Two weeks later. I was hoping they'd have this site going by now. I won't be by there for another 2 weeks, so I don't know if there's a transformer installed yet or not. I keep watching the app and hoping.

June 8th, Ardmore update. A Facebook group member posted a comprehensive video from today. The new bank of 250's is completely done but the handles are tied off because the power company has still not set a second transformer and meter for them. Curiously, the portable bank of two 72's has been reconnected via temporary conduit to the original charger cabinet. They are in the same line as the original 150's down on the North end. Perhaps they are trying to meet some demand in the delay getting the 250's going. The 72's don't show to be operational in the app yet.