Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s the language about disabled parking...

“A parking space or stall for a person with a disability shall be indicated by a vertical sign with the international symbol of access, whose colors are white on a blue background, described under RCW 70.92.120. The sign may include additional language such as, but not limited to, an indication of the amount of the monetary penalty defined in RCW 46.19.050 for parking in the space without a valid permit.” And the language for EV charging...

(1) An electric vehicle charging station must be indicated by vertical signage identifying the station as an electric vehicle charging station and indicating that it is only for electric vehicle charging. The signage must be consistent with the manual on uniform traffic control devices, as adopted by the department of transportation under RCW 47.36.030. Additionally, the electric vehicle charging station must be indicated by green pavement markings. Supplementary signage may be posted to provide additional information including, but not limited to, the amount of the monetary penalty under subsection (2) of this section for parking in the station while not connected to the charging equipment.

Better idea, let’s change the law to more closely match the disabled parking law by removing this section of RCW 46.08.185 “Additionally, the electric vehicle charging station must be indicated by green pavement markings.” I’ve written language to change other laws before and while an uphill battle it’s do able, if I have some support moving forward.

That would be great, but I actually get the sense that Tesla doesn't push for that. It can't be hard to have a local contractor paint/apply proper signage. I get the general sense that Tesla is able to get 8 to 12 parking spots from some prime locations because they don't put restrictions on the business owner to police the spots or reserve them just for EV parking.

Reactions: bbthechange
Yeah I don’t want to push for that. Eventually I’d like to see charging in most parking spots, and you plug in and pay when you need it. If there were a law to require active charging to park in any charging spot, a lot operator essentially wouldn’t be *allowed* to put chargers in every spot since that would mean only people needing to change could park in their lot.

Yeah I don’t want to push for that. Eventually I’d like to see charging in most parking spots, and you plug in and pay when you need it. If there were a law to require active charging to park in any charging spot, a lot operator essentially wouldn’t be *allowed* to put chargers in every spot since that would mean only people needing to change could park in their lot.
...and the problem is?

Washington state already has a law, this would just change it to be similar to Oregon and California's, much like Disabled Parking Spots nation wide, it would still have to be signed, the lot owner could choose to post it EV charging only, or not.

Still just 4. D620D3C6-4E04-4C05-A65C-F77DA7E3BC89.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and MarcoRP
I count 12 stalls 6 cabinets. Doesnt that add up to 12 chargers?

It does. Four pedestals were previously delivered and connected. In the followup picture it appears four boxes are on site and someone mentioned each box holds two pedestals. If 8 are in boxes and 4 have already been installed, that means a total of 12 are on site which is the full amount.

Reactions: PLUS EV
It does. Four pedestals were previously delivered and connected. In the followup picture it appears four boxes are on site and someone mentioned each box holds two pedestals. If 8 are in boxes and 4 have already been installed, that means a total of 12 are on site which is the full amount.
I just wanted to clarify for some people since there seemed to be some confusion.