Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't say what the 60 RWD would do, but I will bet money the Model 3 with short range battery will easily do 300 km in the winter. It's promised to do the same range as my Model S 75D (~400 km) in summer weather (it has a smaller battery, but it's ~1000 pounds lighter or something).

There is no way any Model 3 so far advertised will not be able to manage 200 km, regardless of conditions. Unless you're driving straight uphill the entire 200 km.

BTW, the "usable" battery in a 75D is actually 72.4 kWh.

Assuming a 60 RWD has 60/72.4 as much range, that's 82.873% as much range. Which means EVEN if my car can only do 300 km in the worst winter cold (I am sure it can further), then a 60 RWD would STILL go ~250 km in the same conditions.

200 km is a benchmark that only other EV cars need to worry about.

As a follow up to my post above, I have now seen data that suggest the Model 3 will charge "faster" (in terms of KM of range gained per minute charging, due to its lower weight) than a Model S.

The Model S short range will, of course, have a smaller battery and therefore probably charge more slowly.

Stopped in Aulac last Saturday and again today and can confirm what Moncton S85 posted earlier the site is super cleaned up and looking more and more ready for an unveil. Attached are before and after photos for the last week. There are some serious posts stands for what I assume is the Tesla Parking/Charging signage and all the conduit from that (transformer?) base is cleaned up nicely. Fingers crossed when we are though again in late August we'll be Supercharging.

Have to say though I'm worried these spots will frequently be ICE'd unless they are painted green or something like the CHAdeMo/CCS station. The entire parking lot was PACKED both times I was there. Hopefully whatever signage they put up is clear.

20180721_133059-COLLAGE.jpg
20180721_133117-COLLAGE.jpg
20180721_133153-COLLAGE.jpg
base is cleaned up nicely.

New photo on PlugShare - no change. As per the “Big Stop”, the chargers will be open tomorrow. My guess is that means the gates will be off. @rypalmer are you in PEI yet?

F85DDD1D-3924-4411-AE4E-1571CE32CAA6.jpeg

Attachments

• 0F51202B-443E-4A70-998C-8081D92EB43E.png
    0F51202B-443E-4A70-998C-8081D92EB43E.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
New photo on PlugShare - no change. As per the “Big Stop”, the chargers will be open tomorrow. My guess is that means the gates will be off. @rypalmer are you in PEI yet?
Yes I am, but we were in a rush and didn't stop in Aulac. Colour me surprised if this station opens within the next week..

We did check Grand Falls, Woodstock, and Lincoln Irvings. No signs of life there.

Won’t be today. Electrician said still waiting on NB Power
Starting to look finished though
The 3 hour Irving customer parking sign was taken down View attachment 321883View attachment 321884 View attachment 321885

NICE!!!!

Turns out we will be up to the cottage again this weekend. Looks like there is a (slim) chance I may be able to Supercharge. Can't wait b/c killing an hour on CHAdeMo eating at Big Stops is adding to the waistline ;-) HaHa #SuperchargersKeepYouSlim

PS. Happy they removed that 3-hour customer parking sign too!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
What is under the cover? A generator?
How about Tesla offer back up power sources to host businesses, especially gas stations, with a Powerpack? Reduce demand charges for car charging and keep the shop open when the grid goes down. Win win.

Won’t be today. Electrician said still waiting on NB Power
Starting to look finished though
The 3 hour Irving customer parking sign was taken down View attachment 321883View attachment 321884 View attachment 321885

The last picture you attached is the key one. The fact that the grass is down is a good sign; but the fact that the transformer is on the pad now is the crucial key that things may soon be done I think. From other sites I've watched eagerly, it seems to me that doesn't happen unless there is a plan to get the power company out there soon. I could be remembering wrong, but I think that the transformer pads have sat empty for weeks or months at other sites where the power company was in no danger of arriving.