Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, all good. Shot up to 115kW when I plugged in with 15% SoC and I just went back out to check on it and still getting 100kW with 200 Rated Miles already on the battery. That's about 60% SoC on my Model S100D.

My only complaint is that the car doesn't have an internet connection here so I had to physically go out there to check on it rather than checking on my phone with the app.
BTW I was in 4B so try that one next time if you are having trouble.

After a pretty exciting spring and summer of Canadian Supercharger activity it sure has been crickets for the last couple of months in terms of new construction. Guessing this is totally normal to have periods of inactivity but have their ever been this many Canadian stations in permit status this long? Thought we heard once that Halifax (Enfield) would start right after Aulac. Tesla cost cutting for a strong Q3?

After a pretty exciting spring and summer of Canadian Supercharger activity it sure has been crickets for the last couple of months in terms of new construction. Guessing this is totally normal to have periods of inactivity but have their ever been this many Canadian stations in permit status this long? Thought we heard once that Halifax (Enfield) would start right after Aulac. Tesla cost cutting for a strong Q3?
We thought Enfield was next up, based on what the local contractor said in passing. Maybe he had no dates, and was just assuming.

Could be it’s been canned or rescheduled, we just don’t know.

The construction seems to have stopped everywhere or at least . There are still dozens of sites supposed to be installed in Canada in 2018 but they don't appear to be working on any right now. The guess is that Tesla is trying to conserve cashflow.

The construction seems to have stopped everywhere or at least . There are still dozens of sites supposed to be installed in Canada in 2018 but they don't appear to be working on any right now. The guess is that Tesla is trying to conserve cashflow.
Well I found a new Supercharger under construction in Surrey BC this morning...

I just wish they'd do the one on the Maine border already, going to the states in November and Aulac to Brewer is going to be really pushing it
The L3 Chademo network along the major highways in New Brunswick is quite good, so you shouldn't have much of a problem. If you need a top up before crossing the border, there's a decent 69 amp L2 charger right beside an excellent restaurant ( 5 Kings Restaurant and Picaroons Brewhouse) in St. Stephen just before the border.

I have a Model 3, no Chademo support.

I have a theory (likely 100% wrong) that Tesla has not enabled CHAdeMo support for Model 3 because it simply would not be fair to all the other BEV's on the road. With the rate Model 3's are being delivered in North America imagine what the congestion could be like at CCS/CHAdeMo stations if Model 3's could use them. Not saying every Model 3 owner is going to run out and buy a CHAdeMo adaptor but unlike the Tesla SuperCharger network other DCFC networks are not ready to handle the volume of Model 3's considering they typically only have 1 or 2 charging stations. I believe Tesla has thought about this and the last thing they want to do is highlight additional reasons against BEV adoption, namely the lack of DCFC support and charger congestion. I repeat, this theory is likely full of s**t.

I have a theory (likely 100% wrong) that Tesla has not enabled CHAdeMo support for Model 3 because it simply would not be fair to all the other BEV's on the road. With the rate Model 3's are being delivered in North America imagine what the congestion could be like at CCS/CHAdeMo stations if Model 3's could use them. Not saying every Model 3 owner is going to run out and buy a CHAdeMo adaptor but unlike the Tesla SuperCharger network other DCFC networks are not ready to handle the volume of Model 3's considering they typically only have 1 or 2 charging stations. I believe Tesla has thought about this and the last thing they want to do is highlight additional reasons against BEV adoption, namely the lack of DCFC support and charger congestion. I repeat, this theory is likely full of s**t.
Let me advance another theory that is likely even more full of s**t than yours.

Tesla wants and needs the supercharger revenue. Just think of the profits that would have been available if Standard Oil had a patent on the internal combustion engine and it could only operate on their gasoline. Can you imagine 10 to 20 years from now when the Irving Big Stops are converted to Supercharger Big Stops powered by solar and wind supplemented by battery storage and maybe a few gasoline and diesel pumps? The kitchens would never be able to keep up with the hot turkey sandwich demand to say nothing of the chocolate cake with boiled icing demand. Elon is indeed a very, very rare genius.

Reactions: comeaujo
If you leave home a little later in the day there is a destination charger at the Amsterdam Inn at Fredericton which is almost 100km closer to Brewer than Aulac.
I stayed there an used this one. It worked fine but required you to park in a very awkward location, i.e. not a parking spot. I was worried one of the other cars would back out of their spot and hit my Model S, but fortunately it survived the night.

Your theory make sense i agree with you.

First Supercharging session for us, it was at Aulac, 7% to 90% in 58 minutes, before lunch was finished...

Image_1541086442206.jpg