Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still not seeing the permit on supercharge.info so I also submitted today too. Christmas in Washington! Bellevue, Issaquah, Lynnwood, Vancouver. Awesome.

Do you have permits enabled on supercharge.info? It's been there for 6 days now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 8.23.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 8.23.04 AM.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 126
Was at the mall today and scouted this location. I REALLY hope the permit address is wrong.

That lot is quite consistently full. The spaces will be ICE'd a high percentage of the time if Bellevue Square doesn't tow, and most SC locations don't. It's also not the easiest lot to get to, though that criticism applies to many areas around Bellevue or Lincoln Square.

For now, no signs of any construction or even marking of locations on the first or second level. My guess is the SCs will be of the first level beyond the garage (non covered area). But those spots are taken quite a bit too.

Was at the mall today and scouted this location. I REALLY hope the permit address is wrong.

That lot is quite consistently full. The spaces will be ICE'd a high percentage of the time if Bellevue Square doesn't tow, and most SC locations don't. It's also not the easiest lot to get to, though that criticism applies to many areas around Bellevue or Lincoln Square.

For now, no signs of any construction or even marking of locations on the first or second level. My guess is the SCs will be of the first level beyond the garage (non covered area). But those spots are taken quite a bit too.
Do you have to pay to park in that garage?

Agreed. I get that they try to put SCs in convenient locations, but I wonder if this particular one is too convenient. The surrounding area is undergoing quite a bit of expansion, so lots of things to do. Beyond having a high risk of being ICEd, I could see those spots taken longer by even EVs.

If you have access to home charging (like I do), I'd say don't count on being able to rely on it. In my case, I likely won't need to anyway. It seems like this could/should be more useful for out-of-towners or perhaps nearby EV owners who don't have access to home charging. Overall, it's nice to see more SCs being added to WA.

Agreed. I get that they try to put SCs in convenient locations, but I wonder if this particular one is too convenient. The surrounding area is undergoing quite a bit of expansion, so lots of things to do. Beyond having a high risk of being ICEd, I could see those spots taken longer by even EVs.

There are a lot of new apartments and condos in downtown Bellevue, plus all the people visiting the mall. I think those people will want to charge quickly on occasion. I think Tesla should put as much effort into getting destination charging (ie tesla chargers) in every new apartment or condo building, plus scattered 120v outlets in the Seattle area. If I was going to move into one of those places, easy charging would be a top issue. I've had a model s for 4 years and 99.9% of the time just use the 120v in my garage. but because it's there, I never worry about getting a minimal charge. I can connect with some pain to my dryer. But I'd never take a parking garage spot without at least 120v.

But if they did have reasonable access to 120v, then the supercharger would make it completely risk free. Suppose you are in an apartment there with no charging, you could imagine using that as your weekly charger (but that's not what tesla wants).

Do new model S/X still include infinite (but not daily :)) supercharging? I think so.

It looks like there are two permit entries, both will all fees paid but no activity for months. I honestly have no idea what I’m reading with any of this stuff.

———

Here is the first one with last activity in October 2017. Permit 17-125829 BG

First Review-ElecCity Staff: Bob Johnston-(425) 452-4574Status: Rev RequestedDate: Oct 18, 2017Notes: 1. Please remove the “Not for Construction” wording from the plans. The plans represent a proposal for what is to be built and should be “For Construction”.
2. Provide the existing load on the existing service this project will be supplied from. If the existing load will be based on a one year demand meter reading, the 12 months of demands need to be provided for this review. If it will be a 30-day recording, the entire 30-day record needs to be provided for this review. Also show the calculations used per NEC 220.87.
3. The panel schedules don’t show connected and demand load. If 125% demand isn’t calculated into the loads shown, please provide that on the panel schedules per NEC 625.41. If it is included, show where that appears or provide it on the plans. This may precipitate more changes to the conductors and breakers. Provide those changes in “clouds” on the plans.
4. Please show a one line of the existing electrical service so we can get a better idea of how the service is configured.
5. Provide on the plans and describe what is being proposed for physical protection of the chargers from potential damage to them by automobiles.

And the second with last activity also in October. Interestingly, this one has more in fees but like the first permit, all fees are all paid. 17-125683 BZ

Activities
First Review-L.U.
City Staff:
Carol Orr-(425) 452-2896 Status: Rev Requested Date: Oct 16, 2017
Notes:
First Review-Fire
City Staff:
Glen Albright-(425) 452-4270 Status: Approved Date: Oct 20, 2017
Notes:
First Review-Bldg
City Staff:
Douglas Beck-(425) 452-4563 Status: Rev Requested Date: Oct 16, 2017
Notes:

Fees
Item Bill Number Fee Amount Fee Remaining
Operations 701434 $38.00 $0.00
Land Use Review 701434 $200.00 $0.00
Building Review Estimate 701434 $1,997.00 $0.00
Fire Review 701434 $184.00 $0.00

Just came back from a model x test drive at the Bellevue square store. The Tesla employee I was paired with told me that the permit fell through due to complications in building superchargers in urban environments. She thinks there will still be one in Bellevue, just not at the mall.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and modamoda
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is what it is. I wouldn't want someone who is considering buying a Tesla to think there's a supercharger under construction in Issaquah and one in the works in Bellevue based on the supercharge.info map. For the right person (say an apartment dweller on the east side), it could really sway their decision and then later lead to disappointment. Even the bad news is important!

Reactions: Discoducky