Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Berry, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chuq's post at the bottom of page 1 of this thread shows a right hand turn lane planned but who knows if or when it will happen

Went here last weekend travelling south from Sydney. The roadworks are still ongoing - no right hand turn yet.

What I did is travel a little further down the road where there is a left hand turn off the highway. You can do a quick U-turn and then wait there to turn right back onto the highway. The vision is good, and anyway, with the Tesla's acceleration there's no issue rejoining the highway. Then it's a simple left turn into the winery.

I ended up buying four bottles of wine after a tasting while the car charged. Had to move it part way through the tasting to avoid idle fees - first world problems.

• Informative
Reactions: Anubis
What a lovely location!

B58F9C29-77BB-4481-965A-A0B81360DF1F.jpeg

Reactions: MarcoRP
Does anyone know what's up with this Supercharger? It's been listed in the map as no more than "4 available" continuously for the last 4 days or so. Is one cabinet down? Normally the map tells you when stalls are out of service.

Does anyone know what's up with this Supercharger? It's been listed in the map as no more than "4 available" continuously for the last 4 days or so. Is one cabinet down? Normally the map tells you when stalls are out of service.

As it's on grass, they sometimes rope off a couple of stalls to let the ground recover from rain damage/mud.

Shouldn't be an issue, it's a reliable site and rarely gets too busy.

Nice spot.

Been a continual issue since the site opened.

As you can see from the photo there is supporting material (hex pattern) in the soil, but it doesn't appear to have worked that well.
I don't think the site drains that well, and given you need to turn the car getting in and out the wheel puts extra force on the grass.

I wonder whether putting 1960s style concrete pads just where the tyres should go might work.
With the reversing cameras, most Tesla's should be able to staff off the grass.

Reactions: MossDaddy