Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bondi Junction, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting reference here in a Waverley Council document dated Oct 2022 (so two months after the NSW grant announcement)

Seems to be from a bi-monthly meeting for anyone in the Charing Cross precinct (just south of Bondi Junction)
Unfortunately the minutes are pretty brief and can't find any audio or video.

Screenshot_20230228-122953.png

The Eastgate reference is presumably to the Evie chargers which opened in July 2022 are 2 units but 4 cables.
The NSW Govt funding for Tesla was for 6 Superchargers.

Waverley Library is CNR Ebley St and Denison St
This is a block West of the originally proposed site in Eastgate.

Underground carpark with 120 spots, 2hrs free parking and 5am-11pm hours.

Not quite as close to main food outlets or shopping but still an OK site.

Last edited:
Drove through Waverley Library carpark today.
Nothing to see.

Quite a modern carpark laid out in a split level half floor design. Much easier to navigate than Eastgate though the exit is a little tight.

All the power equipment seems to be on the entry level, so hoping if this is the site then it's nearer to the top.
Was showing 50+ spare spots on a Mon afternoon.

Last edited:
My guess is it's probably going to be one of the Jetcharge chargers they've been putting around the area. It's mentioned in the same sentence below as other locations and I'm not sure i'd take the earlier minutes (Charing Cross Precinct) as supercharger accurate.
Code:
To help meet these ambitious targets we finalised the Electric Vehicle (EV) Transportation Policy and accelerated the rollout of EV Charging stations at Grafton St and Eastgate Car Park, with new on-street chargers coming soon to Castlefield St, Trafalgar Ave, Glenayr Ave and Waverley Library.

Reactions: Hagrid and Hairyman
iwent to the Westfield Tesla charging station on 19 April 2023 only to find that it is located within the Valet parking area. I was advised that I had to pay $15 to park in that area to use the charging station. I went elsewhere. Are Westfield or the valet service able to charge for this service or are they scamming the tesla drivers?
There are some ChargePoint chargers on Level P3 of Westfield Shopping centre near the escalators that go up to HarriscFarm and Coles. The biggest catch, apart from needing the ChargPoint account is that they have J1772 plugs and you need an adapter to plug in a Tesla.
Westfield Bondi Junction - P3 Car Park
13 Waverley Street, Bondi Junction‎ NSW‎ 2022, Australia

Westfield Bondi Junction - P3 Car Park | PlugShare

Reactions: B3AU
iwent to the Westfield Tesla charging station on 19 April 2023 only to find that it is located within the Valet parking area. I was advised that I had to pay $15 to park in that area to use the charging station. I went elsewhere. Are Westfield or the valet service able to charge for this service or are they scamming the tesla drivers?
It appears you might be confused. This thread is about superchargers. Your post is about a destination charger. They are different things.

Seemingly some confirmation in these three Council reports that 6 Tesla Superchargers coming to Waverley Library in 2024
(See refs on p15 and 20)

Very good reports and analysis in any event. The growth in the use of the existing chargers is pretty substantial.

Main document - Leading the Charge - Eastern Suburbs Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Strategy 2023

Supporting docs

Last edited:
Seemingly some confirmation in these three Council reports that 6 Tesla Superchargers coming to Waverley Library in 2024

Very good reports and analysis in any event. The growth in the use of the existing chargers is pretty substantial.

Main document - Leading the Charge - Eastern Suburbs Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Strategy 2023

Supporting docs
And open to all EVs (though I'm guessing not from day one if they're not getting a cent of taxpayer money....)

Reactions: moa999