Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cadillac, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a couple of new photos from today. This charger has easy access off of US-31 freeway at E Boone Road. This is a very busy shopping center. Free coffee for veterans at Culvers across the parking lot.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It'll be interesting to see where they pick in Bay City, which is the best spot for highway access, but the Meijer doesn't have the greatest access to fast food. There are restaurants, just not the fast casual they usually like. It is right across from my office, so I hope they use it anyhow.

It'll be interesting to see where they pick in Bay City, which is the best spot for highway access, but the Meijer doesn't have the greatest access to fast food. There are restaurants, just not the fast casual they usually like. It is right across from my office, so I hope they use it anyhow.
It's either going to be Bay City or Saginaw. Tesla is still deciding between the two.

Construction is allegedly to begin in the winter of 2016 for all of these Super Chargers for Spring/Early Summer openings.

IMHO Saginaw would be a PITA location for travelers. The area that has big box stores and restaurants is a mile off from the 675 loop, I.e. not anywhere near where through traffic would drive. Whereas, Wilder Rd. Meijer in Bay City is right off the I-75 and the US-10 interchange. Like I said, it will be interesting to see their choice.

@itsnotabout.... ya, we probably don't need another thread about that

But I agree, Bay City Meijer on Wilder Rd would be ideal for those of us from the SE who travel up north. It is 250 miles to the Burt Lake area from metro Detroit - so it is just a bit too far to go without a little extra juice. Today we need to go 5 miles east of I-75 to get extra electrons from the 69amp charger at Bay City State Park, but that adds 30-45 minutes to the trip .... Will most likely be an hour extra in the winter.

So, fwiw, I definitely would like to see Bay City go live - Grayling would also help.

I agree with the importance of a Bay City supercharger. It would be perfect for me as I travel several times a month up to Alpena. Especially in the winter months, a supercharger there would be a huge help to me. And the other coming stations also apparently coming in the spring would really open up a lot of the lower peninsula for everyone.

-Brant-

Last edited:
Despite power being reported turned on on the 31st, and first known charge on the 10th, Cadillac still isn't listed or mapped on Tesla's SC/FindUs pages, even though they've listed and mapped several others that became available after it. I wonder if it got lost in the shuffle; I think that's happened at least once before.

Most, check/read supercharge.info which is always the first to list "live" SCs.
Again, not everyone knows about internet sources for SC info. In any case, I got tired of waiting for it to appear, so I sent an email to Tesla's SC address, asking what the issue is. If it got lost in the shuffle and they just overlooked it, then maybe it will be listed/mapped shortly, as has happened once or twice before when I've sent them emails asking about operable sites which have remained unlisted/mapped for prolonged periods. Whether that's cause and effect or a coincidence, I can't say.

Again, not everyone knows about internet sources for SC info. In any case, I got tired of waiting for it to appear, so I sent an email to Tesla's SC address, asking what the issue is. If it got lost in the shuffle and they just overlooked it, then maybe it will be listed/mapped shortly, as has happened once or twice before when I've sent them emails asking about operable sites which have remained unlisted/mapped for prolonged periods. Whether that's cause and effect or a coincidence, I can't say.
Got a reply, and they claim they're having power quality issues (like they did at another SC recently, I forget which), so they say that it's not open to the public. Seeing as how people have been using it, I guess in this case 'not open to the public' means not 'listed or mapped'.