Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cadillac, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contractor is trying to be finished with his work on Wednesday. Painting the parking lines today and general cleanup of the site. Still no light poles (you can see the bases in PHYSICSFITA's first two pix) and no utility interconnection to the distribution. Still, looking good!

Contractor is trying to be finished with his work on Wednesday. Painting the parking lines today and general cleanup of the site. Still no light poles (you can see the bases in PHYSICSFITA's first two pix) and no utility interconnection to the distribution. Still, looking good!

Thanks for the update. I'm interested to know if they will wait on the lights before it goes live.

Stopped by this morning. Construction fence is down and the site is cleaned up. The power line is not yet connected nor are the lamp poles up. However, an hour ago a model S on a Tesla trailer showed up at the site. I think things are really close to going live. I know I couldn't be one of the first to charge here so I parked my old Chevy Cavalier in one of the stalls so I could at least claim I was the first to "ICE" the Cadillac supercharger. Stranger then that, as I was leaving town a orange roadster passed me going in the other direction---I have never seen one in the wild let alone in this area.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for this updates and all of the updates in the past. If there is ever an acceptable moment to "ICE" a super charger, you found it :smile:

Cottonwood is most knowledgeable regarding timeline from here on out. My uneducated guess is another week or two.

Stopped by this morning. Construction fence is down and the site is cleaned up. The power line is not yet connected nor are the lamp poles up. However, an hour ago a model S on a Tesla trailer showed up at the site. I think things are really close to going live. I know I couldn't be one of the first to charge here so I parked my old Chevy Cavalier in one of the stalls so I could at least claim I was the first to "ICE" the Cadillac supercharger. Stranger then that, as I was leaving town a orange roadster passed me going in the other direction---I have never seen one in the wild let alone in this area.View attachment 97178View attachment 97178

Thanks for this updates and all of the updates in the past. If there is ever an acceptable moment to "ICE" a super charger, you found it :smile:

Cottonwood is most knowledgeable regarding timeline from here on out. My uneducated guess is another week or two.

The time frame at this stage is a crap shoot at best...but at least the site needs power, Tesla has to come out at test it with an actual car, and when the site passes, they turn it on. Turn on can happen many days before the site shows up on the Tesla web site or in the car's navigation. First use is often reported on here on TMC. Be the first to post a picture of your Tesla Supercharging at the site, and you might get a few reputation points!

BTW, the Denver Airport Supercharger went live before the meter was installed. Xcel Energy has a policy of installing jumpers when all the approvals are in place and then putting in the meter within a week or two later. See Supercharger - Denver, CO - Page 7

Stopped by this morning. Construction fence is down and the site is cleaned up. The power line is not yet connected nor are the lamp poles up. However, an hour ago a model S on a Tesla trailer showed up at the site. I think things are really close to going live. I know I couldn't be one of the first to charge here so I parked my old Chevy Cavalier in one of the stalls so I could at least claim I was the first to "ICE" the Cadillac supercharger. Stranger then that, as I was leaving town a orange roadster passed me going in the other direction---I have never seen one in the wild let alone in this area.View attachment 97178View attachment 97178

That was my silver metallic Model S being returned from its first 12.5 K Mile service in Cleveland. Anthony the Tesla ranger delivered it to me in the early afternoon. He commented that the Cadillac Supercharger was not yet powered up but it looked like it would soon be.

Rat's--I thought I was on to something! That must have been it. Jim, you might have been one of the first Tesla's at the supercharger. If I can get the picture out of the "messages" on my I-phone and into my I-pad, I will post it here. Your car is on the trailer with the Meijer sign sort of in the background in Cadillac.

Jim, a bit off topic, but I'm wondering how you felt your 85D compared to the P85 loaner. I'm shopping for a used Model S right now and would prefer an 85D but will more likely buy a P85 due to used prices. I've never seen anyone's opinion of those two compared.