Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cadillac, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BEWARE. This charger is no longer working. And, the Cadillac area is otherwise an EV charging wasteland. However, there are two HPWC's about 35 miles north on M-115 at Crystal Mountain. Good thing I had that much extra juice in the battery to make it there.

Last edited:
Closing in on two months since it was initially powered on, and still not active. Has anyone heard or seen anything? If it was just power quality/quantity or a hardware problem, I'd think Tesla would be able to get this completed site up-and-running by now... Wouldn't use it until spring, and could always range charge in Grand Rapids and drive moderately, but still...

Closing in on two months since it was initially powered on, and still not active. Has anyone heard or seen anything? If it was just power quality/quantity or a hardware problem, I'd think Tesla would be able to get this completed site up-and-running by now... Wouldn't use it until spring, and could always range charge in Grand Rapids and drive moderately, but still...

No guarantees, but it should be back on line before December 30th.

Crystal Mountain

BEWARE. This charger is no longer working. And, the Cadillac area is otherwise an EV charging wasteland. However, there are two HPWC's about 35 miles north on M-115 at Crystal Mountain. Good thing I had that much extra juice in the battery to make it there.

Hi Jim, I wouldn't be staying at Crystal Mountain, but usually stop there for dinner/lunch on my way to Frankfort. Do you know if they allow charging for restaurant patrons or is it for lodging guests only?

As of a few moments ago, the Cadillac, Michigan Super Charger is live and open to the public. Tesla will send out an email to the region, but it is live and open to the public now. Safe Travels :smile:

Just saw via supercharge.info that it's back on-line. I'm looking forward to trying it out next summer on a trip to Crystal Lake.

Jim, I grew up skiing at Crystal Mountain, and I believe my father was childhood friends with your wife. It's a small small world.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, that is fine. When are you coming up?

I come thru several times a year. Probably 2nd week of January will be the next time. I come from AA. In the summer I can usually make it on 1 charge, with the winter I think I will need to either stop at Crystal Mountain or Go to GR first which adds an hour or so. (or when Cadillac opens everything is easier!)

Either way I just like your bar/restaurant, but didn't want to be presumptive. Hope you're surviving the tough year.

I used the Cadillac supercharger around Christmas. It worked fine. But we had 4 cars stop by and talk to us about our cars. I think they were all waiting for someone to use it, because it had been built for so long, but no one was using it. Still, because I live in SE Michigan, the Bay City Supercharger will be more useful.

I used the Cadillac supercharger around Christmas. It worked fine. But we had 4 cars stop by and talk to us about our cars. I think they were all waiting for someone to use it, because it had been built for so long, but no one was using it. Still, because I live in SE Michigan, the Bay City Supercharger will be more useful.
I'm glad there was interest. Cadillac appeared operational for one to two months before it Tesla green-lit it.

- - - Updated - - -

They won't let me post a picture, but there is a destination charger at Boyne Mtn now. Saw it today when leaving. Thought you all might be interested.

I wonder if they are part of the destination charging program. It is not currently listed on the Supercharger | Tesla Motors. I'll have to check in-car tomorrow.