Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just passed by today to see progress. Still underway.

Attachments

• CB921106-B272-4343-967C-0CDDD52A702B.jpeg
    CB921106-B272-4343-967C-0CDDD52A702B.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 0F217D48-34CA-449B-A609-CC23930AD2B3.jpeg
    0F217D48-34CA-449B-A609-CC23930AD2B3.jpeg
    540 KB · Views: 160
  • Informative
Reactions: X-drvr
BTW, in case there was any doubt how important this Supercharger location is, just a little bit south at the Sorrento Valley SC, they had an 8 car waiting line for a charge last Friday, which is unfortunately very normal for there. If people seem impatient waiting for this SC to open, this is why.

Supercharger - San Diego / Sorrento Valley

BTW, in case there was any doubt how important this Supercharger location is, just a little bit south at the Sorrento Valley SC, they had an 8 car waiting line for a charge last Friday, which is unfortunately very normal for there. If people seem impatient waiting for this SC to open, this is why.

Supercharger - San Diego / Sorrento Valley

The Tesla parking valet at Qualcomm told me the queue line was 17 cars deep the day before on Aug 23. The line went completely around the parking lot. Carlsbad can not open soon enough.

• Love
Reactions: 2T Stano
E1E7D98A-54DD-4857-8AD0-7CC1E54A49C3.jpeg D50625D0-3638-4756-9C61-BE09FE0537E2.jpeg

Took a couple of pictures today. Looks like they are slow walking the final few things that need to get done while they wait for the transformer from Sdge. As far as I can see, the only thing they’ve done in the last week is build walls around the transformer location. They still haven’t striped the handicap stalls, or signed them, nor finished the top landscaping and/or final concrete work.

Between the site architect, the owners, Tesla, and Carlsbad permitting, they made some odd choices. They are enclosing a transformer, even though all cities (including Carlsbad) routinely leave them exposed. And they not only didn’t enclose the noisy and hot air spewing SC cabinets, they actually put them on a raised platform, when they could have put them 6’ lower behind a wall. Oh well, can’t account for taste (or idiocy).

View attachment 331081 View attachment 331083

Took a couple of pictures today. Looks like they are slow walking the final few things that need to get done while they wait for the transformer from Sdge. As far as I can see, the only thing they’ve done in the last week is build walls around the transformer location. They still haven’t striped the handicap stalls, or signed them, nor finished the top landscaping and/or final concrete work.

Between the site architect, the owners, Tesla, and Carlsbad permitting, they made some odd choices. They are enclosing a transformer, even though all cities (including Carlsbad) routinely leave them exposed. And they not only didn’t enclose the noisy and hot air spewing SC cabinets, they actually put them on a raised platform, when they could have put them 6’ lower behind a wall. Oh well, can’t account for taste (or idiocy).
Will be there in 5 more months so keeping my fingers crossed they'll be done with the delays before then.

Thanksgiving is quite reasonable. Although, they are sure taking their time with the final work that needs to be done. Nothing has happened with landscaping, striping, etc. Seems like a lot can be done while waiting for the transformer.

Thanksgiving is quite reasonable. Although, they are sure taking their time with the final work that needs to be done. Nothing has happened with landscaping, striping, etc. Seems like a lot can be done while waiting for the transformer.

In the photos from @Lakesbutta, I see a trailer with trees in it, so seems like they are starting to do some landscaping.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Is that realistic? (Honest question -- I don't know). Looks like they still need a transformer, and presumably whatever final SDG&E and city inspector signoffs that may be required.

It could be. The transformer is the last step, and the transformer install itself takes a day. Once the transformer is in, the site has power. Tesla typically needs 2 days to test the site once the transformer is in. Then it's live.