Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by there yesterday. Attached are pics. The contractor is done, except for a couple of punch list items. Stall ground markings are being painted Monday. We are now waiting for the Sdge transformer.

4B52D0CD-9670-4451-A916-4F219BDD39A6.jpeg D4EC0BA3-4624-4915-9C58-4777E8A5B4B9.jpeg 6BB0C8A5-3556-4602-BC98-697F34D91369.jpeg

Final inspection hasn't occurred yet...

After that, and with the sign off of the inspector, the utility work will be scheduled...This incluses setting the transformer, pulling wire in the conduit from the transformer to the meter pedestal/socket, and setting the meter to energize....

Oh what a surprise, the contractor guy didn’t give me the full story yesterday. And let me guess, stall striping is probably required for final inspection...

I don't think any supercharger delays have been SDG&E's fault. Certainly not SJC or Qualcomm (both in SDG&E territory). I have plenty of complaints about SDG&E, but they are pretty fast at getting superchargers connected.

I agree. I've dealt with SDGE on various projects (natural gas mains, electrical construction) and have never felt they were slow. Past SCs haven't been held up (more than a couple of weeks) by SDG&E.

I agree. I've dealt with SDGE on various projects (natural gas mains, electrical construction) and have never felt they were slow. Past SCs haven't been held up (more than a couple of weeks) by SDG&E.

I have a very different experience with SDG&E. I have been waiting 2 months for them to install a "secondary meter" for my solar system to move forward with an SGIP rebate (for 3 powerwalls). Despite being paid over $600 for the meter, they cannot bother to be rushed.

SD Gas & Extortion is more an apropos moniker.

I have a very different experience with SDG&E. I have been waiting 2 months for them to install a "secondary meter" for my solar system to move forward with an SGIP rebate (for 3 powerwalls). Despite being paid over $600 for the meter, they cannot bother to be rushed.

SD Gas & Extortion is more an apropos moniker.
Agree. Or a state sanctioned cartel

several other locations say “use last” as far as handicapped stalls go. Given the likelihood of massive overcrowding at this location, I am not sure how this will work here
Are the superchargers located right next to a business where access for people with disabilities would be a consideration while charging? Seems like locations that are not like that wouldn't even bother with handicap spaces since as far as I've seen, everyone has to get out and plug in exactly the same way anyway. Are the ADA spaces wider to account for wheel chair access or longer to account for those mobile scooters on the hitch? Just trying to image why they need those spaces at a SC location. I'm all about helping make life better for the handicapped and would never consider parking in a space so marked but just trying to understand the reason for it besides government regulation.

Are the superchargers located right next to a business where access for people with disabilities would be a consideration while charging? Seems like locations that are not like that wouldn't even bother with handicap spaces since as far as I've seen, everyone has to get out and plug in exactly the same way anyway. Are the ADA spaces wider to account for wheel chair access or longer to account for those mobile scooters on the hitch? Just trying to image why they need those spaces at a SC location. I'm all about helping make life better for the handicapped and would never consider parking in a space so marked but just trying to understand the reason for it besides government regulation.

Well, it is indeed government regulation, or rather dictat. Neither Tesla nor the mall owner would have put them in. As to why, well the pedestrian access from the top parking lot is stairs, and the probable thinking is that you don’t only want to park and charge, but you also want to access the stores in the mall, hence the need for handicap accessible pedestrian access to some of the charging spots. They probably could have satisfied the requirement by having a ramp that zig zagged down the hill, but opted for the stalls on the lower level.

Well, it is indeed government regulation, or rather dictat. Neither Tesla nor the mall owner would have put them in. As to why, well the pedestrian access from the top parking lot is stairs, and the probable thinking is that you don’t only want to park and charge, but you also want to access the stores in the mall, hence the need for handicap accessible pedestrian access to some of the charging spots. They probably could have satisfied the requirement by having a ramp that zig zagged down the hill, but opted for the stalls on the lower level.
The shorter distance without the hill was definitely the more humane option.