Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Casper (Evansville) WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The functionality of the wind map is not GREAT, mostly because it doesn't have enough place names on it, or any boundaries or highways. But it is cool to look at and can give you a general idea if you are likely to face a troubling headwind or crosswind. I usually just glance at it before a tough leg, especially in the mountain time zone part of the country, and if I don't see anything major, I don't worry about it. If I do see something major, I dig deeper with site specific weather reports.

• Informative
Reactions: PACEMD and Bighorn
Thanks everyone for all the updates ... so happy to come through Casper today!
C8C3504B-2911-40D3-AC1F-497D12C17DF9.jpeg

Thanks for sharing TTM3. That's a good looking M3. We will be stopping by this SC next month on our way to Idaho. This will be our preferred stop but I still like knowing that Gillette is there for a backup if necessary. I'm kind of a belt and suspenders kind a guy.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I was there last week and it's looking great. It now shows up on Tesla's web page but doesn't appear on my MX's screen, even though I'm running the latest update. The charging cable is noticeably thinner than the others I went to on this road trip. Listed at 150 kw and I struggled to maintain a rate over 100 kw.

The Hat 6 truck stop is newer and quite nice, seemed to be fully open even with the Covid restrictions. Very clean and nice bathrooms, which was most welcome. All in all, a great charger location.

One word of warning: the road here between the chargers and the play area (fenced in for the dogs, open for the kids ... maybe should be the other way around?) is where cars pull in for a drive-through bar / restaurant. So be careful!

And yes as you can see it's quite common to get ICE'd in Wyoming ... but since there are so few Teslas in the state, it's not often a problem. (The one glaring exception is Jackson Hole where I pulled in next to a woman in her gigantic GMC Yukon with the a/c blasting and the engine idling, waiting for her daughter to come out of the grocery store ... grrrr)

IMG_2382.jpeg

I was there last week and it's looking great. It now shows up on Tesla's web page but doesn't appear on my MX's screen, even though I'm running the latest update. The charging cable is noticeably thinner than the others I went to on this road trip. Listed at 150 kw and I struggled to maintain a rate over 100 kw.

The Hat 6 truck stop is newer and quite nice, seemed to be fully open even with the Covid restrictions. Very clean and nice bathrooms, which was most welcome. All in all, a great charger location.

One word of warning: the road here between the chargers and the play area (fenced in for the dogs, open for the kids ... maybe should be the other way around?) is where cars pull in for a drive-through bar / restaurant. So be careful!

And yes as you can see it's quite common to get ICE'd in Wyoming ... but since there are so few Teslas in the state, it's not often a problem. (The one glaring exception is Jackson Hole where I pulled in next to a woman in her gigantic GMC Yukon with the a/c blasting and the engine idling, waiting for her daughter to come out of the grocery store ... grrrr)

View attachment 565450
It’s a 250 kW hence the thinner cord. You’ll only see optimal power at lower to mid SOCs. Mask compliance was not good, though I’ve seen improvement in Sheridan in the interim.

At this supercharger, the last four spaces are 45 min parking and the first four are Tesla only. This makes sense since it is so close to the playground/dog park.

Still probably only about 20 percent of folks wearing masks but that might get better as most of the major stores in town are requiring them recently.

My X got up to 150kw but usually a lot lower.

One other thing: at certain times of day, you'll get a bit of a (touch) free car wash from the sprinklers :)

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Not a single employee at the Hat Six wearing a mask, so stock up elsewhere if that bothers you.

The cop who pulled me over on a fishing expedition south of Wheatland wasn't wearing a mask either. Bastard leaned all the way into my car poking around as much as he could. After giving me the third degree for about 15 minutes (type of trip, profession, drugs, money, etc.), he went on to explain how much better it is in Wyoming where the economy is "open."

• Informative
Reactions: tmoz
Not a single employee at the Hat Six wearing a mask, so stock up elsewhere if that bothers you.

The cop who pulled me over on a fishing expedition south of Wheatland wasn't wearing a mask either. Bastard leaned all the way into my car poking around as much as he could. After giving me the third degree for about 15 minutes (type of trip, profession, drugs, money, etc.), he went on to explain how much better it is in Wyoming where the economy is "open."
Welcome to Wyoming.