Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest Tesla Find Us update shows another Charlottesville supercharger slated for Q4 2021. Does anyone who's better at pulling permits than I am know where this might be? It sounds like it might be at the forthcoming 29/Profit Rd Wawa, based on recent media reports of the Wawa plans being revised to include Tesla chargers. Seems a little odd to have so much coverage on 29, between Stonefield, Profit Rd, and then Orange further to the north. I'd have thought a second location might be more convenient to Rt 20 or 64.

Reactions: corywright
The latest Tesla Find Us update shows another Charlottesville supercharger slated for Q4 2021. Does anyone who's better at pulling permits than I am know where this might be? It sounds like it might be at the forthcoming 29/Profit Rd Wawa, based on recent media reports of the Wawa plans being revised to include Tesla chargers. Seems a little odd to have so much coverage on 29, between Stonefield, Profit Rd, and then Orange further to the north. I'd have thought a second location might be more convenient to Rt 20 or 64.
I agree, I hope it is closer to I-64. The current one is fine for folks traveling up/down Rt 29.

Reactions: dsnows
It may have been temporarily down as part of a short outage. It appears to be back online.
Thanks, in terms of outage, the power to the stalls was on (pedestals lit) and all surrounding buildings etc seemed fine. I was there yesterday morning and the app still showed outage 24 hours later. Checking now it does indeed appear to be back online which is obviously good. Still seems unusual for a whole site to go down like that when surrounding power seems ok.