Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New pictures! (9/1/2015)

They had one of the power cabinets hanging open, so I took a couple of pictures through the crack in the slats. I have more of the power cabinet in the picture, but shown here are the most interesting parts of it probably, which I left at full resolution for my camera (but cropped to just the more interesting parts to reduce size).

como-supercharger-20150901-1.jpg
como-supercharger-sneak1.jpg
como-supercharger-sneak2.jpg

I understand. OTOH, Eddyville, Kentucky at 2,554 people is almost as big as Blanding, Utah at 3,504 and way bigger than Green River, Utah at 949. Both of those Utah sites work well.

Perhaps there are some locations that would work over towards Barkley Dam and Kentucky Dam, still better distance wise than Paducah. My minimums for a Supercharger Site are pretty low: bathrooms, a safe location, and a place to buy some snacks. Some form of hot food is icing on the cake...

Hmm, Google mapping, I see Kuttawa is next to Eddyville, Exit 40 with a Days Inn, Hampton Inn, a Wendy's, Huddle House, and an Oasis Southwest Grill.

New pictures! (9/1/2015)

They had one of the power cabinets hanging open, so I took a couple of pictures through the crack in the slats. I have more of the power cabinet in the picture, but shown here are the most interesting parts of it probably, which I left at full resolution for my camera (but cropped to just the more interesting parts to reduce size).

Thanks for these pictures. It looks like Tesla has moved to more conventional, less expensive circuit breakers in the Distribution Center. They were using fancy remote control, electronic circuit breakers, but it seems like Tesla decided all that remote observability and control was not worth the expense.

Looks awesome, the construction team/crew have done an excellent job. I love it. I will have to check it out, when I get up their. The pictures in this section for the Columbia Supercharger looks awesome. What's going on their right now. I would also like to say, thank you to the Columbia Holiday Inn hotel chain that made it possible for the people. I will stay there and spend money when I need to stay their, just for setting up a Supercharger. A service like this will attract future customers.
Ron

Looks awesome, the construction team/crew have done an excellent job. I love it. I will have to check it out, when I get up their. The pictures in this section for the Columbia Supercharger looks awesome. What's going on their right now. I would also like to say, thank you to the Columbia Holiday Inn hotel chain that made it possible for the people. I will stay there and spend money when I need to stay their, just for setting up a Supercharger. A service like this will attract future customers.
Ron

Appreciate it!

We are excited! Hopefully this meetup stays true!

Thanks for these pictures. It looks like Tesla has moved to more conventional, less expensive circuit breakers in the Distribution Center. They were using fancy remote control, electronic circuit breakers, but it seems like Tesla decided all that remote observability and control was not worth the expense.

Those Micrologic breakers can provide remote overload and trip notification. The 250A J-frame breakers you see there are Micrologic 3's, intended to protect the distribution transformer but don't do much more than report their trip status. The Micrologic 6 that you see on the main provides all sorts of remote monitoring on current, etc.

But you're right in that the remote switching is no longer a priority in that configuration. With the number of sites they now have, they likely have regional techs that can easily go to flip the switch within a couple of hours without having to get on a plane.

I wish I could come, but I have to work. But I want to say Thank You to the Columbia Holiday Inn Hotel business and to Tesla who supports it's supercharger network and toward a better future/world. The work that I have seen looks awesome and a future ahead for many and many years to come in the hundreds of years. I'm a five year college student, in Computer Science Department, Ozark Technical Community College aka OTC. Thank You for all that are coming to the ribbon cutting and a memory made to central Missouri. Thank You Elon for the Tesla S, X, and the Model III 3. Car's of the future. A price tap of $25,000 or $27,500 is a good price for the model 3. There will be thousands of order's for the model 3.
Ronald Ronnie

So I know that sometimes the chargers come online before they're officially open. Is there someone who can check if they're up yet? I'm driving STL to KC on Saturday morning and back on Sunday night. I can make the trip without the charger, but if I knew it was open ahead of time I could drive a bit faster. My kids would thank you.

As my first post here, I am happy to confirm a successful supercharge in Columbia, Missouri this morning! I have e-mailed supercharge.info so they can update the map. Looking forward to seeing folks at the "Gold Spike" event in Columbia on Sunday!