Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too many variables. Biggest one is the local utility. Will they deliver the transformer and hook it up before the install team leaves? At the Buffalo, NY SC site the install team was done early in May but the transformer took another month to be delivered and hooked up. Our SC went online early-mid June.

transformer?

Too many variables. Biggest one is the local utility. Will they deliver the transformer and hook it up before the install team leaves? At the Buffalo, NY SC site the install team was done early in May but the transformer took another month to be delivered and hooked up. Our SC went online early-mid June.

Don't the pictures in post #125 show a transformer?

Pictures from 8/25/2015

como-supercharger-20150825-1.jpg
como-supercharger-20150825-2.jpg

Columbia Supercharger Grand Opening will be held on Sunday Sept 13th. For details check out http://www.stltesla.org

There very well may be an actual ribbon cut.

I hope that the date holds true!

This will be the golden spike for I-70!!! :biggrin:

Of course, for those coast-to-coast purists, it is also the golden spike for the I-15/I-70, coast-to-coast route!

Last edited:
Anyone able to follow several conduits from the Distribution Cabinets/Superchargers to a potential Utility transformer location? ... or a pre-formed pad for a different transformer location. I've studied the photos but don't {can't} see anything leading outside the DC/S area to a UT pad. More photos will be very helpful..thanks!!

Awesome, now all we need is a way to get to Nashville and St Louis (the Gateway to the West) will be able to go southeast.
Tom: I have been watching the South East for a long time. Much of the build out appears to flow from Atlanta in all directions. With the exception of Greenville SC (which had legal problems) it has been completed except the Chattanooga/Nashville St Louis I-24 section. After Chattanooga I expect two new supercharger to accommodate the Atlanta to St Louis route. One makes sense north of Nashville where I-65 and I-24 travel together. The other probably will be about 1/2 way to St Louis. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the one between Nashville and St Louis.

Tom: I have been watching the South East for a long time. Much of the build out appears to flow from Atlanta in all directions. With the exception of Greenville SC (which had legal problems) it has been completed except the Chattanooga/Nashville St Louis I-24 section. After Chattanooga I expect two new supercharger to accommodate the Atlanta to St Louis route. One makes sense north of Nashville where I-65 and I-24 travel together. The other probably will be about 1/2 way to St Louis. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the one between Nashville and St Louis.

If I were doing the planning, I would use the following locations:

• St Charles — Start
  • Mt Vernon, IL — 102 miles — I-64/I-57 towards I-24
  • Eddyville, KY — 132 miles — I-24/I-69/Western Kentucky Parkway
  • Nashville, TN — 119 miles

Paducah could work instead of Eddyville, but makes the distance to Nashville a little long (winter weather, 60's, etc) at 150 miles. Another benefit of Eddyville is the double coverage of I-69/Western Kentucky Parkway

I really look forward to the completion of the Saint Louis - Chattanooga SC network. I am leaving for Florida on Sunday and have to add 300 or so extra mile to follow the SC network.

Pax,
Father Bill

If I were doing the planning, I would use the following locations:

• St Charles — Start
  • Mt Vernon, IL — 102 miles — I-64/I-57 towards I-24
  • Eddyville, KY — 132 miles — I-24/I-69/Western Kentucky Parkway
  • Nashville, TN — 119 miles

Paducah could work instead of Eddyville, but makes the distance to Nashville a little long (winter weather, 60's, etc) at 150 miles. Another benefit of Eddyville is the double coverage of I-69/Western Kentucky Parkway

Unfortunately, there's not much in Eddyville. It might be an ideal location distance-wise, but Paducah is better.

Tesla told me in January they're still looking to get Mt. Vernon in place but hasn't made any progress since.

Unfortunately, there's not much in Eddyville. It might be an ideal location distance-wise, but Paducah is better.

Tesla told me in January they're still looking to get Mt. Vernon in place but hasn't made any progress since.

I understand. OTOH, Eddyville, Kentucky at 2,554 people is almost as big as Blanding, Utah at 3,504 and way bigger than Green River, Utah at 949. Both of those Utah sites work well.

Perhaps there are some locations that would work over towards Barkley Dam and Kentucky Dam, still better distance wise than Paducah. My minimums for a Supercharger Site are pretty low: bathrooms, a safe location, and a place to buy some snacks. Some form of hot food is icing on the cake...

I understand. OTOH, Eddyville, Kentucky at 2,554 people is almost as big as Blanding, Utah at 3,504 and way bigger than Green River, Utah at 949. Both of those Utah sites work well.

Perhaps there are some locations that would work over towards Barkley Dam and Kentucky Dam, still better distance wise than Paducah. My minimums for a Supercharger Site are pretty low: bathrooms, a safe location, and a place to buy some snacks. Some form of hot food is icing on the cake...

Thanks for your thoughts. I had assumed Paducah but you are correct that two are needed for the 60. I took a quick look at Eddyville and the exit at U.S. 641 looks ok but not great. I have been to worse SC locations and this is likely to be a quick stop anyway.