Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coralville, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by Thursday morning (9/15) as I was leaving town. They're starting the brick work. Electrical is complete and the meter is installed. As mentioned before, the ACT facility (Dodge St exit off I80; see PlugShare) has three J1772 free chargers which worked just fine overnight.
20160915_093113a.jpg

Awaiting testing. 3 theories I think are plausible now 1) cost savings for fiscal quarter means October opening 2) the plan to test all 3 in same "trip" - Des Moines transformer gets placed tomorrow, so likely would be late next week at absolutely earliest or 3) believe the email and it will be this week. Scottf200 makes #3 seem highly unlikely. Given Coralville has been fully ready since before Labor Day, I doubt #3 too. 1&2 both to me point to a late September / early October opening,

I really hope they prove me wrong
I think #1 and #2 are proving correct. I had to drive my wife's ICE on my trip to Ames last weekend. Turned out we had to park in a muddy field - glad my science car didn't get dirty!

Reactions: keithhammer
Follow up e-mail from Tesla motors SC division

Thank you for your follow up email. We expect to open these stations (IA) very soon, however, due to the nature and complexity of the project we are not able to guarantee exact dates.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

Meanwhile a friend of mine has already received a permit and the SC equipment on site to build a new station in North Aurora outside of Chicago along I88 - not a pin blip on any maps. In some ways things are moving fast and in others it's a grind - something to do with the state of Iowa perhaps?

Meanwhile a friend of mine has already received a permit and the SC equipment on site to build a new station in North Aurora outside of Chicago along I88 - not a pin blip on any maps. In some ways things are moving fast and in others it's a grind - something to do with the state of Iowa perhaps?
Send an email with the details to [email protected] and the pin will show up on supercharge.info soon after.

The Macomb IL Tesla owners will be holding a Coralville IA Supercharger kickoff event on Wednesday, October 5, 2016. The fun starts at 9 AM. Our group will be there to offer free Tesla rides and are willing to talk to anyone about our Teslas.

We plan to be there all day. If you have a Tesla, please bring your car and join us.

Frank

Reactions: Healy