Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been getting a slow charge rate of less than 200 rated miles per hour the 3 times I have charged here, so I reported it to Tesla a few days ago. I just got this email today that they are fixing the slow charge rate:

START OF EMAIL:

Hi Mr. Tanner,

Thank you for your patience for a response. One of our technicians worked on this site today, and is expecting the issue to be resolved by tomorrow morning.

Let us know about your next visit!

Regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

END OF EMAIL

So please report your charge rate who ever visits until we get several responses so we can make sure it is working properly.

Thanks

(LMB spouse)

Remember that the charge rate in miles per hour is an average over the entire charging session. Volts times amps is the instantaneous charging power. You can set the charging units to display as kilowatts (via the settings menu) if you don't want to multiply.

Also remember that the charge rate is quite dependent on the battery's state of charge. You won't see maximum Supercharger power if you have more than 50 or 60 miles of range remaining. (Or if you are sharing a charger e.g. you are at stall 2A and someone else is using 2B)

They are adding 2 additional Chargers right now, for a total of 8. I asked the install tech if they were the new higher capacity ones Elon was talking about.... "No comment"

So you're saying there's a chance??

Unfortunately they're not higher capacity, Pic 1 is the rating on the old charger unit, pic 2 is the new:

Attachments

• IMG_8744.JPG
    IMG_8744.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_8743.JPG
    IMG_8743.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for the update. I will have to take some new arial shots the next time we are there.

BTW: 2B was out last weekend. Tried to charge on it a few times and then moved over. Reported it to Tesla on my way out (was on hold with them for >20min. Glad it wasn't an emergency)

It seems Cordes Lakes is becoming a bit of a bottleneck site. Thankfully, New River has taken some pressure off of Cordes as those heading downhill/SB on I-17 can bypass Cordes and charge at either New River or I-17/101 SC. However, heading north to Flagstaff often requires a stop when heading uphill, especially in colder or windy weather. After leaving the east side of Phoenix with 95-100% SOC on my last 2 trips NB to Flagstaff, the Nav originally projected a quick stop in Cordes but then re-routed to New River because of a short wait in Cordes. The is so close to Phoenix that I would have been pulling in with 70%+ SOC. I rolled the dice and proceeded to Cordes to have a short wait, followed by 75-100kw charging speeds. During both stops, there were 2 stalls out of service. Eventually, maybe a Camp Verde supercharger at the I-17/260 interchange will be installed to help with the increasing fleet and help distribute the demand.

Reactions: PLUS EV