Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is precisely why Tesla owners get pegged as pretentious arrogant pricks...

There's still no meter... these units are not functional yet. However, this guy takes it upon himself to come down here with his buddies and move the fence so he can drive in. Surely he must of noticed after plugging in that it wasn't charging, but he still left it there and took off with his pals.

If you're on here, thanks Chum.... I had a couple people come talk to me while I was taking pictures, telling me how entitled Tesla others must think they are...

20180811_164306.jpg 20180811_164319.jpg

Reactions: Stoofy

There's still no meter... these units are not functional yet. However, this guy takes it upon himself to come down here with his buddies and move the fence so he can drive in. Surely he must of noticed after plugging in that it wasn't charging, but he still left it there and took off with his pals.

If you're on here, thanks Chum.... I had a couple people come talk to me while I was taking pictures, telling me how entitled Tesla others must think they are...

View attachment 325000 View attachment 325001

Gaa, do I see HJG 1763 on the plate? Not even a vanity plate to go with that arrogance. Must be dad's car.

At least my arrogance comes with a vanity plate.

FFA755C7-F46E-4A3A-9327-EB9933364E6A.jpeg
0AEE4630-870D-4B3B-B1B6-90CDD5B6C6E6.jpeg
57478F25-D043-41BF-820F-1294F9C4CE63.jpeg

My daily walk found additional status:

1. A new electric pole has been installed to attach electric to the main green transformer. You can see that the wire cable connections have not been done through the PVC tunnel to the main green transformer and the main 1440v wires on the poles are not connected to any junctions.

2. All Tesla charging monoliths do not have the back screws attached.

3. The 1-5 (A/B) identifier decals have not been placed on the Tesla charging monoliths. I hope they use 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B placement and not 1A, 2A, 3A, ..., 1B, 2B, 3A. Most have been the former in my travels across country

4. The Tesla service center telephone number decals have not been affixed

My new estimate for going live: End of August

• Informative
Reactions: Acps110 and jrreno
View attachment 325246 View attachment 325247 View attachment 325248

My daily walk found additional status:

1. A new electric pole has been installed to attach electric to the main green transformer. You can see that the wire cable connections have not been done through the PVC tunnel to the main green transformer and the main 1440v wires on the poles are not connected to any junctions.

2. All Tesla charging monoliths do not have the back screws attached.

3. The 1-5 (A/B) identifier decals have not been placed on the Tesla charging monoliths. I hope they use 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B placement and not 1A, 2A, 3A, ..., 1B, 2B, 3A. Most have been the former in my travels across country

4. The Tesla service center telephone number decals have not been affixed

My new estimate for going live: End of August

Meant to say:

3. The 1-5 (A/B) identifier decals have not been placed on the Tesla charging monoliths. I hope they use 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B placement and not 1A, 2A, 3A, ..., 1B, 2B, 3B. Most have been 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B... in my travels across country

Th

they are?

I will be driving over to Columbus from NY on Labor Day weekend to visit my father who lives close to this site. It would be really convenient not to have to go down to Grove CIty again. What are the odds this will be open by then?
If you want to stay around the north side, the Ohio Owner's Club would be happy to lend you the Chademo adapter to charge at Easton. Who knows, we may even buy you lunch....

Reactions: KArnold and jrreno
Thanks for the recommendatrions. i've been monitoring this route for years awaiting I80 coverage in western PA, as I much prefer I80 to I70. I'll probably hit that SuC on the way in or out if Dublin isn't open. Since i usually get up really early it would be nice to sneak out Sunday morning before everyone else is up. Yeah, I know, first world problems.

• Funny
Reactions: supratachophobia
I'm hoping to charge here as I drive through Ohio this coming Saturday the 25th. And it's interesting that if you draw a line from the North Pole down to Palm Springs, all the way across to Baltimore, and then back to the North Pole, the only Tesla Supercharger currently under construction -- in this entire, gargantuan area -- is this little one in Dublin, Ohio. Tough luck for me and the PhatCat.

I'm hoping to charge here as I drive through Ohio this coming Saturday the 25th. And it's interesting that if you draw a line from the North Pole down to Palm Springs, all the way across to Baltimore, and then back to the North Pole, the only Tesla Supercharger currently under construction -- in this entire, gargantuan area -- is this little one in Dublin, Ohio. Tough luck for me and the PhatCat.
Chademo adapter for you as well, if you need it.

Now that's what i call a big picture perspective!

No hope on the electrical being done in the next 2 weeks. Talked with the AEP meter guy and he is red tagging it because they used speed rail to mount the meter and did not connect the meter wires to the shunt on the transfomer.

He says that resets his response time for another 2 weeks AFTER the issues are corrected.

Basically he is upset they didn't hire local electricians.