Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Entiat, WA

ijoe13

Nov 18, 2020
Seattle
Honestly I think someone other than Tesla should be the target. I’m not certain how many Tesla sites have been a result of the site location/city asking for it. Tesla has a whole internal system to determine SC locations and demands. You might be able to get level 2 chargers installed from Tesla, but I’m not sure they’re providing them free any more...

Whatever plan you come up with in collecting signatures and pushing the city I would cast a wider net and include options that could qualify for grant money from WA (I assume level 2 chargers and “universal” DCFC like CCS and Chademo) installed or supported by a local utility or GreenLots, EA, etc.)

I also don’t think this would keep Tesla from building in the future; I think a couple of the more recent WA locations have been near existing DCFCs

I think I’ll step aside with pushing this effort as it may have rubbed some folks the wrong way, which wasn’t my intention. I was simply eager to help out however I could, but I’ll leave it up to the town to develop their plan and will be happy to support it in whatever way I am able.

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA
I think I’ll step aside with pushing this effort as it may have rubbed some folks the wrong way, which wasn’t my intention. I was simply eager to help out however I could, but I’ll leave it up to the town to develop their plan and will be happy to support it in whatever way I am able.
You can certainly express interest to the city and support the city. Maybe organize a “EV Rally” or meet up if there is a nice lunch spot or interesting recreation area and than invite the city council members to swing by if they would like so they could chat with owners and see the cars. Gather some [short] statements from EV owners on if they’re more likely to visit a location that has a quick charger and if they usually spend money on lunch or anything while charging and then send that to the city council letting them know you want them to get an idea for what EV owners might be thinking, etc.

I was just suggesting dropping the Tesla specific push because that’s likely setting them up for failure (which will reduce the likelihood of them trying again or thinking EV’s aren’t popular enough). Tesla is notoriously “internal” when it comes to their supercharger locations and buildout.

The city also is more likely to want to spend time, money, and land on a solution that accommodates all EV owners, not just “high end” Tesla owners...

ijoe13

Nov 18, 2020
Seattle
You can certainly express interest to the city and support the city. Maybe organize a “EV Rally” or meet up if there is a nice lunch spot or interesting recreation area and than invite the city council members to swing by if they would like so they could chat with owners and see the cars. Gather some [short] statements from EV owners on if they’re more likely to visit a location that has a quick charger and if they usually spend money on lunch or anything while charging and then send that to the city council letting them know you want them to get an idea for what EV owners might be thinking, etc.

I was just suggesting dropping the Tesla specific push because that’s likely setting them up for failure (which will reduce the likelihood of them trying again or thinking EV’s aren’t popular enough). Tesla is notoriously “internal” when it comes to their supercharger locations and buildout.

The city also is more likely to want to spend time, money, and land on a solution that accommodates all EV owners, not just “high end” Tesla owners...

Thanks for the comment. I have to say, I’ve thought of Winthrop and the Methow Valley as “high end” over the past decade we’ve been driving through there. You’ve seen the housing prices, right? Seems like the few people I’ve known who’ve moved out there full time or bought a second home had $ to burn. Just sayin..:)

Reactions: Seattle Tom

Kuhz

Oct 25, 2017
Mars
To keep this somehow on topic, I’ve charged here 3 times today during various runs to Wenatchee and Ellensburg. Nice and high kw every time. At least for my 75D :D
4F9D1A79-5998-4586-BD14-9B2B7DD34CE8.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ijoe13 and PLUS EV

ijoe13

Nov 18, 2020
Seattle
Going to stop at the Entiat charger soon. Still wish Winthrop had a SC. Had to wait for a couple of hours to get a charge at a local spot, so not ideal when visiting this area. From an exploration perspective, super quick charging is ideal. Not complaining… just saying. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TLI_Mark

Apr 27, 2021
Conway
Does anyone have any information regarding a proposed supercharger in Okanogan and/or Omar? I see Okanogan on a future list, but I’m new to this game and don’t know if that is something likely to happen or when.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC