Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to know the actual number of Teslas in ND, call the ND DOT. They've given that info in the past. The Bismarck Tribune article that came out last week cited 141 EVs in ND, but that's an old figure. I'd estimate it's closer to a whopping 160 EVs now ;). A swag guess at the percent of Teslas would be 50% or 80 in the state total. As other's have mentioned, the Fargo, Grand Forks, Pembina SCs will help connect Winnipeg to the lower 48 and be a big selling point to a large, by midwest standards, metro population.

That ND dot number won't capture all of EVs in the state. I know of at least 3 of us with Tesla's on Minot AFB, and we don't have to register in ND.

Last November some car dealer told me that his information was that Manitoba had about 60. Probably a bit higher now. So 98 for ND is not bad.
Cool!

Looks like you will be getting your Service Center any day now . . . . .:D
Don't laugh at this ;)

Nd Dot sent me a form. Sent $3 for the number of Teslas registered in the state. 98 with 6 expired. Soooooo
Does it have any more detail than just Tesla's registered?

IMG_20190821_185632.jpg IMG_20190821_185623.jpg IMG_20190821_185632.jpg IMG_20190821_185632.jpg IMG_20190821_185632.jpg IMG_20190821_185623.jpg MVIMG_20190821_185612.jpg MVIMG_20190821_185612.jpg Fargo... Casey gas station/bell bank Some marking against veterans, but behind the store many more markings, plus electric runni g down that street

Attachments

• IMG_20190821_185609.jpg
    IMG_20190821_185609.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 152
Yes, the original work order (somewhere back in this thread) said to mark utilities so the engineer group (from Alexandria) could do the site survey for the design. Good news is Grand Forks (same permit wording) is also flagged now. How long will it take to (a) do the design (b) issue a contract and (c) get the contractors digging for site prep.

Good news is that the Trans-Canada has a plethora of sites with the bases prepped and apparently (see North Bay thread) they are actually rolling out the first of the Tesla hardware to install there. So things are happening in the charger world for the previously unserviced areas. All we can do is wait and hope, and think about buying a Chademo adapter.

Ground crew is in Bismarck. Then Jamestown. Then Fargo. At least another month after that to install cabinets and energize.
Currently the choke point for SC in general seems to be the pedestal supply. At one point in the Summer there were simply none showing up so nothing was completing. It has picked up from that now but with all the construction starts the pedestal backlog is still growing rather than shrinking.

My friend just checked last week on the database, we now have 174 in Manitoba!
Better up the count by at least 3. I got mine & there were two others headed to Winnipeg area on September 5th. Not sure if there were others the week before but was told I had to wait for transport as the carrier was full for the trip before the long weekend. Was OK by me as I was getting PPF & Ceramic in Calgary.

Reactions: lightfoot3b