Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of this morning, my M3 is not showing Alex at all on the supercharger map. Anyone else seeing it? Even PlugShare is not showing it as open yet. Thx!
It can offer be a week or more before it shows up in the nav. It seems they often let things run a bit and let the hunters try it for a bit so they can see how things are working. Plug share gets its supercharge data from Tesla's website, which can be even further behind than the nav. If you are into early finds, the best resource is here and supercharger.info, but beware because really visits can have their risks.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeMacMan
I said someone would give it a better test soon.

(borrowed the photo from the Minnesota Facebook group)

A94E57D7-4570-4539-B259-DD22E0C88805.jpeg

Last edited:
Ran up from Otsego in my Model 3 AWD and arrived with 17%. Got up to about 180 kW in 15 F weather. Since it wasn't in my nav, the car didn't pre-heat the battery. So not an optimal temp or SoC to test the power, but still very impressive. Took about 50 minutes to get to 90% while we shopped in Target.

Attachments

• 20200216_124554.jpg
    20200216_124554.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200216_124607.jpg
    20200216_124607.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 65
idk if i am seeing this correctly, but $4.48 for 5kwh, isn't that a little expensive for superchargers?
That's from a prior charging session. When superchargers are first energized but not yet showing up on Tesla's map or fully populated through their system, they often don't have a cost associated with using them. As a result, the car's display will show the price from the last supercharging session you had to pay for.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
That's from a prior charging session. When superchargers are first energized but not yet showing up on Tesla's map or fully populated through their system, they often don't have a cost associated with using them. As a result, the car's display will show the price from the last supercharging session you had to pay for.

I took the photo; this is correct. The $4.48 was from a session at Albert Lea six days earlier. In fact, I have not yet been charged for the Alexandria session despite pulling 57 kWh in 24 minutes. Based on how much I was charged at Baxter and Clearwater later, this charge should have cost $13.11.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
I took the photo; this is correct. The $4.48 was from a session at Albert Lea six days earlier. In fact, I have not yet been charged for the Alexandria session despite pulling 57 kWh in 24 minutes. Based on how much I was charged at Baxter and Clearwater later, this charge should have cost $13.11.

Seems like new chargers are free until they go live on the Tesla map. I’ve also experienced random free sessions at stations, I wonder if some are free during off-peak?
F7F3F730-84DC-47D2-811C-DACC33F5C604.jpeg831B0C84-BED7-44E1-9F87-AD01EA2B181A.jpeg

Seems like new chargers are free until they go live on the Tesla map. I’ve also experienced random free sessions at stations, I wonder if some are free during off-peak?
View attachment 513265View attachment 513266
In some cases, the property owner has agreed to pay for the electricity. So obviously Tesla is not going to charge you for fuel at those superchargers. I believe this is the case at some (and maybe all?) Hy-Vees, so that might explain Sioux Falls. Going from memory, I highly doubt the property owner is footing the bill at Grand Island but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Jake C
1 ZEF E fast charger is now functional at the Simonson store. Not that any Tesla owners need it now, but just in case. Photo from PlugShare View attachment 511925

I just swung by. The J-1772 stations are working, and the big poppa ZEF unit is on - but it’s stating it can’t connect on the card reader. Not sure if that means it’ll be free or if it would just reject a charge.
EAC56761-705C-420C-A765-446F942C94C5.jpeg

79F7BA1E-461A-440E-BB0E-C026A2E36DDC.jpeg
D4418E11-266D-4CB4-8139-CDA4E7F03C0D.jpeg