Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Federal Way, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change as of ~20 minutes ago.

Are posts like this helpful? "Attention! Nothing happened!"

I don't go out of my way to check on it, but anytime I'm in the vicinity I roll by to check. Should I keep quiet until there's a change?
Well you're probably saving me an hour long drive each week. Then again, I have nothing but time on my hands during the pandemic, as evidenced by my willingness to drive down and check on this periodically :) But sure, keep the posts coming. No news is still news.

Anyone check in on this new warehouse in Tacoma that Tesla is in “talks” of with Amazon?
There's a massive construction project going on there with dozens of workers on site a couple hours ago. Maybe I'll post my pics later, but honestly a drone would have been more useful than my iPhone. It's a huge project, basically occupying the entire area between the streets you see on google maps.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Finally stopped by tonight to take a look. Good location with a Starbucks and Rite Aid near by. Do the destination chargers work the same way the Superchargers from a Tesla billing perspective?
918927F6-30A7-40D9-AED9-6A6B0C96F686.jpeg 42F20010-F3A4-4A81-8E65-182119544C14.jpeg 4A301509-F7F2-4954-BEF5-13EC0ACD6796.jpeg E5BE2D6A-0291-421B-9957-97E7B2A50889.jpeg 1B5B1578-2402-44FC-92B0-698FF7C34B81.jpeg

I really wish Tesla would sell those J-1772 units on their website.
Are you kidding? It isn’t obvious you are. Your Tesla came with one, it’s mandatory that all EVs sold in USA are compatible with J-1772 chargers. Hence Tesla provides the adapter.

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter $95.

I only wish Tesla would provide the NEMA 14-50 adapter to the mobile charger unit with ALL Tesla vehicles. They used to, I got mine, but I understand that at least the 3 and Y only get the 110volt lead for some time now.

Are you kidding? It isn’t obvious you are. Your Tesla came with one, it’s mandatory that all EVs sold in USA are compatible with J-1772 chargers. Hence Tesla provides the adapter.

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter $95.

I only wish Tesla would provide the NEMA 14-50 adapter to the mobile charger unit with ALL Tesla vehicles. They used to, I got mine, but I understand that at least the 3 and Y only get the 110volt lead for some time now.
He's talking about this: Tesla Wall Connector with J1772 plug instead of Tesla proprietary plug

Not the adapter to let a Tesla car charge from J1772, but the Wall Connector unit with a native J1772 plug. If you look closer at the picture in the post above Earl's comment, you can see that's what's been installed there. Tesla makes them but doesn't publicly sell them. Tesla installs them alongside superchargers on occasion and will give them to people as part of their Workplace Charging or Destination Charging programs. But you can't buy one.

He's talking about this: Tesla Wall Connector with J1772 plug instead of Tesla proprietary plug

Not the adapter to let a Tesla car charge from J1772, but the Wall Connector unit with a native J1772 plug. If you look closer at the picture in the post above Earl's comment, you can see that's what's been installed there. Tesla makes them but doesn't publicly sell them. Tesla installs them alongside superchargers on occasion and will give them to people as part of their Workplace Charging or Destination Charging programs. But you can't buy one.
Why would you want that, when you can get the higher amperage Tesla propriety wall connector, OR a much cheaper 30A J1772 one from many sellers. The electrons are the same no matter the brand.

I assumed the photo was of two chargers with a Tesla one on row 1 and a J1772 one on row 2, but the cable from that was slung over to the Tesla side. Either way a Tesla can charge from it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Why would you want that, when you can get the higher amperage Tesla propriety wall connector, OR a much cheaper 30A J1772 one from many sellers. The electrons are the same no matter the brand.

I assumed the photo was of two chargers with a Tesla one on row 1 and a J1772 one on row 2, but the cable from that was slung over to the Tesla side. Either way a Tesla can charge from it.
The picture indeed shows a Tesla charger with a J1772 connector. The Tesla charger on the same post on the reverse side has the normal Tesla plug. There are two of these sets at the Federal Way location in addition to the normal super chargers.