TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Forks, WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BerTX, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

It was a thumbs down for the lack of a Forks supercharger!

• Funny x 1
  2. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

That's not how it's supposed to work.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Sorta like the like button on FB

4. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

8B63B38D-BCEA-4985-951A-459B04EA45AF.png

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. aromasca

aromasca Member

I'll be there next week with my gas Subaru (due to impracticality) trying to see if I can find anything, dont keep your hopes up according to this thread.

6. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

I just did the exact same thing with my Subaru! Would have taken the 3 if Forks had a supercharger.

7. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

<200 miles between Sequim and Aberdeen -- and <60 mph speed limit much of the way. Rookies... ;)

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  8. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

I was gonna say that, but never been out that way, thought maybe there is some elevation

9. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

The Tesla destination charger at the Quillayute River Resort next to Forks is open to the public. It's a beautiful area to top up. We called them last weekend and rolled in around 11:00pm with about 10% charge. Put the car in camper mode and had a full charge by morning.

• Like x 2
  10. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

A reminder that the Olympic Peninsula is capable of being circuited in an electric vehicle - I made it with this. And that was even when my original charging plans went awry.. still pulled into Aberdeen safely.
    IMG_4223 2.jpg

• Like x 5
  11. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Ahh, how time improves the memories of our adventures! I recall you were not so thrilled at the time...

They have installed Destination Charging at Kalaloch Lodge, which would have helped you on that trip, EXCEPT that the Park Nazis wont let them activate it. Apparently the manager didn't ask permission and is finding out that asking for forgiveness is not any easier than asking permission.

• Funny x 1
  12. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I didn't say I was happy about it -- just that it's possible!

And why am I not surprised about this recent development? :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  13. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

And just to clarify so as not to mislead those making this trip in a Tesla -- you stopped and charged overnight at Sol Duc Hot Springs campground, not a straight shot from Sequim to Aberdeen pulling that trailer.

• Like x 2
  14. aromasca

aromasca Member

Possible it may have been also for my trip, however we were driving with a 1.5 yo toddler that was not impreby being in a car seat for many hours to begin with. More superchargers and destination chargers make these drives not only possible, but also comfortable.

15. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

That's assuming you're not going anywhere like Ozette, Neah Bay, Hoh..otherwise known as the places you would typically visit on an Olympic NP trip.

16. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Sol Duc has charging while you take a dip in the hot springs. An overnight stay in Neah Bay should include the cabins at Cape Resort, which includes charging. If headed further down the coast in Moclips I'd recommend the Gull Wing Inn with charging (tried to convince the owner to change it to Falcon Wing Inn, but no go).
    It's, um, quaint. Some complain that it needs updating, but the owner's wife sells antiques, so that ain't happening. Seabrook has a free charger, although it's a little walk (3 blocks) to Mill 109 restaurant, which is good.

17. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

I'm sure there are ways to schedule an itinerary where it would have worked. I'm just saying a Forks supercharger would have let me plan my trip with my itinerary and use the Model 3.

• Like x 1
  18. Hammer@OR.US

[email protected] What a long strange trip its been.

Those connectors have been turned off, same situation at Kalaloch and Lake Crescent. They all have 2 Semaconnect ESVE's installed with signage and painted spaces but are waiting for some Park Service bureaucrat somewhere to give the go ahead.

We're staying at Lake Crescent and the maintenance guy was kind enough to find us a 10 Gauge extension cord to plug into a 120v while we are here.

• Helpful x 1
  19. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Thanks for this update. Something is really screwy with all these stations -- how was all the construction approved, but turning them ON is not? Bizarre.

20. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

The Semaconnect website is showing lots of stations OFF-line, so perhaps the host doesn't want to pay the connect fees. Also, the website doesn't show anything at those locations. Welcome to Semacharge