Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8B63B38D-BCEA-4985-951A-459B04EA45AF.png

<200 miles between Sequim and Aberdeen -- and <60 mph speed limit much of the way. Rookies... ;)
A reminder that the Olympic Peninsula is capable of being circuited in an electric vehicle - I made it with this. And that was even when my original charging plans went awry.. still pulled into Aberdeen safely.
IMG_4223 2.jpg

A reminder that the Olympic Peninsula is capable of being circuited in an electric vehicle - I made it with this. And that was even when my original charging plans went awry.. still pulled into Aberdeen safely.
View attachment 315903
Ahh, how time improves the memories of our adventures! I recall you were not so thrilled at the time...

They have installed Destination Charging at Kalaloch Lodge, which would have helped you on that trip, EXCEPT that the Park Nazis wont let them activate it. Apparently the manager didn't ask permission and is finding out that asking for forgiveness is not any easier than asking permission.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Ahh, how time improves the memories of our adventures! I recall you were not so thrilled at the time...

They have installed Destination Charging at Kalaloch Lodge, which would have helped you on that trip, EXCEPT that the Park Nazis wont let them activate it. Apparently the manager didn't ask permission and is finding out that asking for forgiveness is not any easier than asking permission.
I didn't say I was happy about it -- just that it's possible!

And why am I not surprised about this recent development? :rolleyes:

Reactions: BerTX
I didn't say I was happy about it -- just that it's possible!

And why am I not surprised about this recent development? :rolleyes:
And just to clarify so as not to mislead those making this trip in a Tesla -- you stopped and charged overnight at Sol Duc Hot Springs campground, not a straight shot from Sequim to Aberdeen pulling that trailer.

That's assuming you're not going anywhere like Ozette, Neah Bay, Hoh..otherwise known as the places you would typically visit on an Olympic NP trip.
Sol Duc has charging while you take a dip in the hot springs. An overnight stay in Neah Bay should include the cabins at Cape Resort, which includes charging. If headed further down the coast in Moclips I'd recommend the Gull Wing Inn with charging (tried to convince the owner to change it to Falcon Wing Inn, but no go).
It's, um, quaint. Some complain that it needs updating, but the owner's wife sells antiques, so that ain't happening. Seabrook has a free charger, although it's a little walk (3 blocks) to Mill 109 restaurant, which is good.

Sol Duc has charging while you take a dip in the hot springs. An overnight stay in Neah Bay should include the cabins at Cape Resort, which includes charging. If headed further down the coast in Moclips I'd recommend the Gull Wing Inn with charging (tried to convince the owner to change it to Falcon Wing Inn, but no go).
It's, um, quaint. Some complain that it needs updating, but the owner's wife sells antiques, so that ain't happening. Seabrook has a free charger, although it's a little walk (3 blocks) to Mill 109 restaurant, which is good.
I'm sure there are ways to schedule an itinerary where it would have worked. I'm just saying a Forks supercharger would have let me plan my trip with my itinerary and use the Model 3.

Sol Duc has charging while you take a dip in the hot springs.
Those connectors have been turned off, same situation at Kalaloch and Lake Crescent. They all have 2 Semaconnect ESVE's installed with signage and painted spaces but are waiting for some Park Service bureaucrat somewhere to give the go ahead.

We're staying at Lake Crescent and the maintenance guy was kind enough to find us a 10 Gauge extension cord to plug into a 120v while we are here.

• Helpful
Those connectors have been turned off, same situation at Kalaloch and Lake Crescent. They all have 2 Semaconnect ESVE's installed with signage and painted spaces but are waiting for some Park Service bureaucrat somewhere to give the go ahead.

We're staying at Lake Crescent and the maintenance guy was kind enough to find us a 10 Gauge extension cord to plug into a 120v while we are here.
Thanks for this update. Something is really screwy with all these stations -- how was all the construction approved, but turning them ON is not? Bizarre.