Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an inquiry to the FS newspaper. Will try same with Pecos and Austin papers.
Nothing else has worked, so why not.........
Yes, BerTX, pressure on the Tesla-associated businesses is likely the reason for the delays.
Interesting that by blocking two sites, very close together, two Interstate routes are made difficult.
I'm sure someone is happy about that.

Reactions: BerTX
I just drove from San Antonio to El Paso today. The Ozona to Van Horn leg was rough. Ft. Stockton would have made it easy. In my P100D I charged to 100% at Ozona. With the 30 degree temperature and a headwind I had to drive 60 mph on IH10 in order to make it to Van Horn with 15 miles to spare.

If anyone has any suggestions how to do it better, I would really appreciate it.

You made 5 mph better than I did. I had to drive 55 mph in my sp100d before the estimated range stopped dropping. I had about the same temp, but no measurable headwind. I did make it with about 45 miles range left, however, and sped up to 75 mph about 25 miles out.

Wish I had a solution, but you did about as well as could be expected. We could all try tweeting Elon to beg for fort Stockton asap.

I can't do much better, When we traveled a couple of weeks ago- we detoured through Midland- it worked, but it was more than 70 miles further distance, And the headwinds from Midland to Van Horn used considerably more range than I had predicted, we used almost 90% of our charge in that leg and we slowed to 65MPH for most of the 80MPH stretch of I-20

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
You made 5 mph better than I did. I had to drive 55 mph in my sp100d before the estimated range stopped dropping. I had about the same temp, but no measurable headwind. I did make it with about 45 miles range left, however, and sped up to 75 mph about 25 miles out.

Wish I had a solution, but you did about as well as could be expected. We could all try tweeting Elon to beg for fort Stockton asap.

More realistically, people should beg for Pecos, TX:
- The location's apparently known
- It's needed anyway to split Van Horn, TX to Midland, TX (181 miles)
- Pecos, TX is 159 miles from Ozona, TX, which will allow for driving at regular speeds.
- Traveling via Pecos, TX is "only" an extra 21.5 miles + 28 minutes at Google speeds

More realistically, people should beg for Pecos, TX:
- The location's apparently known
- It's needed anyway to split Van Horn, TX to Midland, TX (181 miles)
- Pecos, TX is 159 miles from Ozona, TX, which will allow for driving at regular speeds.
- Traveling via Pecos, TX is "only" an extra 21.5 miles + 28 minutes at Google speeds
Good point.

But Will say that Pecos is only as “known” as a result of a utility location marking request. There have been similar requests for Ft Stockton.

Replying to a post from @brucedp in another thread (which I've requested be merged with this one):

I stopped by the Inn and took some images and uploaded them to a plugshare listing, see

Electric Vehicle Discussion List - Fort Stockton, TX Supercharger (coming, permit applied for)
Fort Stockton, TX Supercharger (coming, permit applied for)

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}

Brucedp's link suggests he was talking to the existing permit location just this week and they have (re-)confirmed that they are interested and have applied for a permit with the city?

Is this a renewed permit for the same location - does anyone know?

Last edited:
I dont feel like reading the entire thread. Will it be located in the Fairfield Inn and Suites parking lot? These photos came up on PlugShare saying that the management is interested in getting the Superchargers and is working with the city to get some. See below
IMG_0165.PNG
IMG_0166.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Reactions: Chuq
Perhaps “Mr. PlugShare” should delete that entry before someone else who doesn’t feel like reading a thread winds up there expecting to charge.

I'm surprised Plugshare just doesn't auto-delete any submitted entry with 'supercharger' in the name. Superchargers are added to Plugshare automatically via a feed from Tesla. People often try to add them manually. Of course, the option for "supercharger" can't be manually selected, so they choose some other plug (often the Tesla HPWC one) and you can't manually select the "under construction / maintenance" icon (the picture of the wrench) so the end result is that people think there is an active HPWC at that location. It does nothing apart from making Plugshare less accurate and therefore less useful.

Anyway, back on topic - it appears this particular location has been deleted from Plugshare.

And I was only suggesting that since it was in my PS feed, that this location might be an alternative Supercharger location. That's all I'm saying. Now, even the user who added it indicated that there was no charger here. Now anyone competent enough to read the description wouldn't go there. Be it, the admins on PlugShare have erased the location