Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the Saturday, October 6, if it can be completed by then. I sure hope so, as it would save us LOTS of time. We will be leaving Jacksonville, FL around noon on Saturday, October 6, heading home to San Diego, CA, which would put is in Fort Stockton around noon Sunday, October 7. According to EVTripplanner it is 1,416 miles and 26 hours, less one for time zone, so 1 pm.

On second thought, just be there on Sunday afternoon, October 7, at 1 pm and wait for us to get there. As soon as we arrive have the charging spot ready and we can back into the spot and be the first to plug in. We will even pose for photos and everything. We can then have the Golden Spike ceremony while our car is charging and after about 45 minutes or so we will be ready to head on the Van Horn. We would love to join you at the Grey Mule but since neither of us partake of the "Devil Poison" we may as well continue on the journey.

By the way, thanks for having this party for us as we become the first smaller battery Tesla to travel East to West, Coast to Coast on I-10/I-8 Southern crossing all on Supercharger Electricity.

Last edited:
Graffi: please join us anyway - believe it or not, West Texas is a pretty inclusive area - despite its reputation. Ever been to Terlingua?
Drinking is not the focus of any of these celebratory events anyway.

Perhaps the FJ folks will put together something to keep us there - I'm up for that! A tent, live music and Icees!

Reactions: Graffi
Good morning,

Luis A. Medina with the Fort Stockton Pioneer Newspaper In Fort Stockton TX. I and our Reporter Jeremy are looking into the tesla sc going up at the Flying J, today I spoke with the manager there and I was advised that it should be finished today, Not sure on when it will be operational.

We have a section in the Paper called where you headed. is there anyone traveling trough Fort Stockton this week?

[email protected]

7C7231BF-8660-44F7-8A90-F38ACA8C2BEE.gif