Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gila Bend, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend just sent me this picture of Gila Bend that he took today. Looks like something is going on:
IMG_5762.jpeg

Oh, my friend said, "There were workers there and a tesla they were using for testing it looks like or a poor slob that thought it was open."

Last edited:
The transformer is the critical link for this site. The white car in the background is blocking a potential view of it. ... The backs being off the pedestals maybe to check the wiring that has already been done from the distribution cabinets, superchargers out to the pedestals. Anyone visiting this site needs to pay attention to the transformer pad that is behind the white car, on the gravel area between the drive thru and the road in this picture. Look for it on the other side of the wall. See post 58. Once the transformers is in place, the 400 foot or so wiring run has to be made from the transformer to the distribution cabinets etc. A power run from the power pole to the transformer also needs to be completed. Now.. if this HAS BEEN DONE!! ..then we may be very close to having this site go operational. Let's hope so, it's been months since the crew finished the preliminary supercharger installation work. :cool: photos!!

Great News!!! I studied the photo from yesterday hoping that the tan image in front of the right side mirror of the white car was indeed the transformer sticking up slightly above the wall line but didn't dare get my hopes up :rolleyes:!

Travel about the country/world in a Model S just keeps getting easier and easier! Tesla's build out of the national/international supercharging networks is amazing. The ongoing national/international infrastructure projects are amazingly transformational in scope and size. Tesla is rapidly showcasing to the world ...that automobiles can go everywhere powered on the energy from pure sunlight! What is truly amazing is this is being done by a single company !! As it has been written and said many times...

Thank you Tesla!

When I saw the post about Gila Bend being open, I couldn't resist. Drove from Tucson, had lunch at Carl's Jr and recharged, and then returned to Tucson. 121 kW initial charge rate (had 55 rated miles remaining). Stopped charging 55 minutes later with 246 miles rated range. Car had no issues handling a comfortable 72 degree interior with 104 degree outside air temp and cruising at 79 mph with the climate control in ECO mode.

FWIW car is white, no pano roof, 70% 3M crystalline windshield tint, 40% all other windows. In addition to the window tint, I have installed the Tesla rear liftgate window shade. And no issues with hot door handles after charging for nearly an hour in the sun :)

Page is now live. Not showing on the Tesla Supercharger map. How about in-car navigation? - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/gilabend

Now on the website map, but currently have associated the wrong map red dot with Gila Bend. With the slider in the "Open Now" position, the dot is actually for the site "somewhere near Casa Grande" between Tucson and Phoenix. Moving the slider to "Coming Soon" toggles on the dot at the Gila Bend location.

Regardless, it was fun to use the charger on Saturday and confirm it is alive!

Now on the website map, but currently have associated the wrong map red dot with Gila Bend. With the slider in the "Open Now" position, the dot is actually for the site "somewhere near Casa Grande" between Tucson and Phoenix. Moving the slider to "Coming Soon" toggles on the dot at the Gila Bend location.

I think thats the Buckeye location. The same thing is happening to the Ritzville, WA location at the moment. The count on the Supercharger page is still 92 and neither location is on the map/listing under the map. Soon...

Yep -- they took the wrong dot live on the map...