Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is for sure not going to work at this time. You'll just have to track this thread for the next few days. I would say it's unlikely that this supercharger will be up and running by the 28th.

I don't doubt it's not working right now, but I think it's within the realm of possibility to have at least one of the superchargers up before the 28th so Elon could say at the announcement "As of today we have opened X more superchargers across the country/world/etc"

I don't doubt it's not working right now, but I think it's within the realm of possibility to have at least one of the superchargers up before the 28th so Elon could say at the announcement "As of today we have opened X more superchargers across the country/world/etc"
They will either all work or they all won't. The latter is the most likely.

It will be interesting how it progresses next week. There is a lot cable to pull and terminate but the electricians are motivated as they can't wait to see a Tesla actually charge there. If they stick to the path flagged for the high voltage, almost all of that can be plowed in which should go quickly.

There are a couple of us from the Wisconsin Tesla Facebook Group watching the progress. There certainly are a lot Tesla owners looking for this site to go active.

Reactions: allhands
I was up that way in June and I actually parked my Model X overnight one night at the free charger in Fish Creek behind the government center.

Welcome to Fish Creek and Peninsula State Park! As there are several of us seasonal residents here who routinely use this charger I would ask that you take care not to park here after you've finished charging. Or at least post your cell# in your windshield so we can call you if we need to.

Since you're from Minnesota, failure to follow these guidelines may get your X plastered with Packer stickers. :)

Reactions: jgillispie
Welcome to Fish Creek and Peninsula State Park! As there are several of us seasonal residents here who routinely use this charger I would ask that you take care not to park here after you've finished charging. Or at least post your cell# in your windshield so we can call you if we need to.

Since you're from Minnesota, failure to follow these guidelines may get your X plastered with Packer stickers. :)

I plan on using the Fish Creek charger overnight on Friday the 28th of July since I'll be arriving from Madison with almost an empty battery (which is why I'm hoping the supercharger in Green Bay will be done before then so I don't have to count on overnight charging!) I hope I don't have to worry about it already being taken by someone else because I'm not sure where else I will be able to get a full enough charge to make it back to Madison on Sunday.

I plan on using the Fish Creek charger overnight on Friday the 28th of July since I'll be arriving from Madison with almost an empty battery (which is why I'm hoping the supercharger in Green Bay will be done before then so I don't have to count on overnight charging!) I hope I don't have to worry about it already being taken by someone else because I'm not sure where else I will be able to get a full enough charge to make it back to Madison on Sunday.

If you have any problems, come on down to Alibi Dock Marina and find me on IMAGINE.

• Helpful
Just drove by... all stalls are set up, there is a large pile of gravel in front of 2-3 stalls and about 4-5 guys installing the cabinet "fencing" it looked like.

No idea when it will be operational but I'll keep driving by this week to check it out.

Thank you!!! If anyone drives by there and someone is working on it could you ask when they think they will be done?

IMG_0217.JPG
The stations are wired. However the site still needs high voltage power brought to it and the transformer set. Once that is completed Tesla will need come in and commission the site. The commissioning process is shall we say quite thorough. At least a week before it opens would be my estimate.

View attachment 237928 The stations are wired. However the site still needs high voltage power brought to it and the transformer set. Once that is completed Tesla will need come in and commission the site. The commissioning process is shall we say quite thorough. At least a week before it opens would be my estimate.
Dang! So close! Thought I might be able to sneak a charge in on Friday on my way up, but guess that's a no-go haha! Well there's always a chance to use it when in town for a Packers game!

By the way, I appreciate the frequent updates everyone! Thank you!

I'm planning on heading up to Door County via Sheboygan Friday night, but on the off chance someone is able to swing by tomorrow afternoon to check on the GB SC status, I'd appreciate an update in case a miracle has happened and it's turned on!

I'd much rather drive up via Green Bay than Sheboygan! Nothing against Sheboygan... Haha

Sorry about that last post.

I drove by this afternoon and still need to install the transformer so no chance for tomorrow. We went up to door county through Sheboygan in May and stayed at the Blacksmith Inn that had a wall connector. Worked like a charm.

Enjoy the beautiful weather!

• Helpful
I'm planning on heading up to Door County via Sheboygan Friday night, but on the off chance someone is able to swing by tomorrow afternoon to check on the GB SC status, I'd appreciate an update in case a miracle has happened and it's turned on!

I'd much rather drive up via Green Bay than Sheboygan! Nothing against Sheboygan... Haha
I'm heading up to our ranch in Peshtigo either tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you in Sheboygan and we could grab a coffee and stale donut at that Kwik Trip :D

Sounds good man! See ya in Sheboygan!
Well, by the time I had my crap together, it was getting pretty dark, and I'm not a fan of north woods nighttime driving--kamikaze deer and the likes, etc. But I'm in Sheboygan charging now, and sorta tempted to make a detour to the slated Green Bay supercharger on my way up. I'll definitely post pix if I do.

Enjoy the 10/10 weather everyone! It's great to be alive.