Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harlingen, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We came down Sunday afternoon for the Monday attempt. Three Rivers had a line, we pulled into the only open spot in Alice, we didn't go by Kingsville as we expected it to have a line and there was a short line in Harlingen.

Heading back north on Thursday and found a line of about 6 at Harlingen, big line at Kingsville (maybe 15 cars, we skipped it), Alice had a line of about 8 cars when we arrived and then Three Rivers had a line of about 3 cars.

Seemed like everyone was coming in at a fairly low SOC at Alice. We rolled in at 2% and held at 87ish kW most of the time charging. There was also what appeared to be a Tesla employee sitting in a Model Y monitoring the site the entire time we were there.

We came down Sunday afternoon for the Monday attempt. Three Rivers had a line, we pulled into the only open spot in Alice, we didn't go by Kingsville as we expected it to have a line and there was a short line in Harlingen.

Heading back north on Thursday and found a line of about 6 at Harlingen, big line at Kingsville (maybe 15 cars, we skipped it), Alice had a line of about 8 cars when we arrived and then Three Rivers had a line of about 3 cars.

Seemed like everyone was coming in at a fairly low SOC at Alice. We rolled in at 2% and held at 87ish kW most of the time charging. There was also what appeared to be a Tesla employee sitting in a Model Y monitoring the site the entire time we were there.
Thanks for tracking all that. I assume Corpus Christi was packed as was Victoria and others up the line. I know it’s like building the church just for Easter Sunday, but Tesla will have fill in the various routes.

Any ideas? I’ll start and suggest Falfurious and another in Robstown.

Reactions: XHabjab
Wow 2%! Ha ha I haven’t been nearly that brave. Good to know about the monitoring. It is a long stretch to Alice either direction.

We were on the Island from Sunday thru Thursday noon and the Tesla urban charger at the south end was busy the whole time. Fortunately an OK NEMA-45 receptacle at the hotel kept me topped up where I could get home without needing to stop at any of the superchargers on the way.

Reactions: GleanerC
Thanks for tracking all that. I assume Corpus Christi was packed as was Victoria and others up the line. I know it’s like building the church just for Easter Sunday, but Tesla will have fill in the various routes.

Any ideas? I’ll start and suggest Falfurious and another in Robstown.
Falfurrias and Robstown would be good. Corpus supercharger is way out of the way for Eastbound traffic unless Corpus itself or Mustang Island are destinations.

I’d like to see something on the south side of San Antonio. Maybe near 410/I-37 interchange or I-37/1604. Of course once Luling is up and running I plan to bypass San Antonio completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cigar Man