TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarkR, Dec 20, 2013.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Thats a great pick up. When I originally saw the different restaurant name on the website I thought nothing of it and thought it was probably right next door. However when I read your comment I realized our scouts have been looking in the wrong parking lot! Maybe we're farther along than we think!

Original Address (Carl's Jr) - 1635 Navajo Blvd, Holbrook, AZ 86025
    Tesla Address (Burger King) - 2096 Navajo Blvd, Holbrook, AZ 86025

Directions between the two locations - Google Maps

We've been looking almost a half a mile away! Anybody in the area that can scout it out?

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I was starting to worry that I had misunderstand the worker at Flagstaff and misreported that work had already begun at Holbrook, but now the plot thickens. Good luck scouting, hope there's something there!

I wonder if maybe the page isn't an accident and it's almost ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Holbrook is listed as open on the Supercharger page.

3. Kraken

Kraken Member

Looks like its time for the 4x4 version of the model s to get to that site following their directions.

4. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

They've updated the page. I think this location is actually live. Too bad that article pointed us in the wrong location. We were so close!

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/holbrook

5. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

65 superchargers. The list has been updated with Holbrook and Macedonia, but the map hasn't yet. I'd expect it very soon.

Never expected Holbrook to be online so soon! Someone's gotta go test it!

6. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Pretty friggin amazing! We're this close to be surrounded by SCs in PHX! The wait is proving worth it!

Now we just need Yuma and/or Indio/Cabazon, please!

7. 772

772 Member

more evidence of AWD Model S :tongue:

8. Tyl

Tyl Member

Geezzz our sleuthing skills are failing!! This one was right under our nose! :) I hope many more are also,...... especially Cabazon CA / Indio CA area? Hummm didn't someone just drive thru Holbrook AZ looking for a site or maybe just blew through there on their way to Flagstaff AZ!!!

9. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD

I didn't have much to do tonight, and since the Holbrook supercharger is only 62 miles from my mountain home, I decided to pay it a visit. It seems to be up and I was able to charge. I arrived at 11:18pm and Burger King had just closed. None of the parking lot lights were on, so the picture here is not that great.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389854021.570991.jpg
    Charging rate was at only 50kW since I arrived with 172 miles.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389853904.393984.jpg

10. MarkR

MarkR Member

#30 MarkR, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    There has been plenty of confusion here. The supercharger in Holbrook is reported on TeslaMotors.com (on the map for TODAY), but is NOT yet showing up on our navigation screens in the car at the present time.

There was earlier reason to believe that Carl's Jr was to be the site of the Holbrook supercharger, but the TM website reported it's location as a Burger King. It appears that we were looking in the wrong place.

Thanks to Araxara for confirming its existence!

11. araxara

See post above. You must have just missed my Holbrook supercharger visit post

12. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Yes we got duped on this one. The end result is a great surprise though. Thanks for the quick pictures araxara!

13. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Now we know how the Nazis felt in Raiders of the Lost Ark when they dug in the wrong place because they only had a copy of one side of the headpiece to the Staff of Ra.

14. Kraken

Kraken Member

I'm sure there was a tesla employee somewhere who was chuckling at the fact we missed this one.

15. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I agreed. I'm laughing at our photos of bare parking lots. Too good!

16. MarkR

MarkR Member

It's interesting that the opening of a supercharger used to be a big deal with an invitation, ribbon cutting, snacks etc. Now we don't even get an email.

The Holbrook location showed up on the navigation screen on the car this morning!

17. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

It seems like (based on a few recent openings) that the supercharger is operational for a little while prior to having a ceremony or ribbon cutting. I know this happened for Santee, SC location as it was operational towards the end of December but the ribbon cutting for this location was this AM. Pretty decent sized gap. Just stay tuned.

18. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR;YLR

Just yesterday TM sent me an email announcing that the Farmington SC was open for business. I must be on some kind of regional mailing list, but I don't recall getting anything from them regarding Grand Junction, Blanding or Lusk.

19. MarkR

MarkR Member

The new openings of supercharger are happening so often it's begun to feel ordinary. I have doubts that theire are enough MS's near Holbrook to justify a grand opening,

20. araxara

The only reason I went there was because it was "only" 60 miles from my vacation home in Pinetop.