Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took another picture of the Holbrook supercharger, again at night, but the parking lot lights were on this time. I was coming back from the Flagstaff supercharger. I wonder how long the cones will last here? I think they put them there to prevent someone from backing into the equipment.

2014-01-16 18.26.57.jpg

I took another picture of the Holbrook supercharger, again at night, but the parking lot lights were on this time. I was coming back from the Flagstaff supercharger. I wonder how long the cones will last here? I think they put them there to prevent someone from backing into the equipment.

View attachment 41175
maybe they are there to block the spots off from iceing when not in use!

I'm a photo guy when it comes to the new supercharging stations. These are good clear photos. Thanks! By any chance did you take some photos of Flagstaff AZ. I have seen many photos however, it seems that as soon as a construction is complete, photos stop being posted. It kinda makes sense, but I like to see photos from somewhat of a distance from the completed superchargers to give the sites some perspective and to see how busy they are and to see how they appear over time. The fly overs Cottonwood does are great but not many of us have quadcopters:tongue:

I'm a photo guy when it comes to the new supercharging stations. These are good clear photos. Thanks! By any chance did you take some photos of Flagstaff AZ. I have seen many photos however, it seems that as soon as a construction is complete, photos stop being posted. It kinda makes sense, but I like to see photos from somewhat of a distance from the completed superchargers to give the sites some perspective and to see how busy they are and to see how they appear over time. The fly overs Cottonwood does are great but not many of us have quadcopters:tongue:

I did take one. See the Flagstaff, AZ thread: Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ - Page 5

I would be a little weary of relying on this charge late at night (between 11PM and 10AM). I stopped in earlier this week, plugged it into my car - no juice. One of the employees was standing outside smoking and said "oh, I forgot to turn it on this morning". He then did something and all of a sudden the car started charging.

I would be a little weary of relying on this charge late at night (between 11PM and 10AM). I stopped in earlier this week, plugged it into my car - no juice. One of the employees was standing outside smoking and said "oh, I forgot to turn it on this morning". He then did something and all of a sudden the car started charging.
This is the Holbrook, AZ Supercharger thread. Are you replying to the previous Kingman, AZ photos or are you saying the Holbrook Supercharger is the one that someone had to turn on? In either case, you should have called the 800 number that Tesla has on the supercharger and complained. All these chargers are listed as being operational 24 hours a day: Holbrook Supercharger, Kingman Supercharger

The first time I used the Holbrook, AZ supercharger was at 11:15pm right after it had opened and it was operational.

This is the Holbrook, AZ Supercharger thread. Are you replying to the previous Kingman, AZ photos or are you saying the Holbrook Supercharger is the one that someone had to turn on? In either case, you should have called the 800 number that Tesla has on the supercharger and complained. All these chargers are listed as being operational 24 hours a day: Holbrook Supercharger, Kingman Supercharger

The first time I used the Holbrook, AZ supercharger was at 11:15pm right after it had opened and it was operational.

Yes, I realize this is the Holbrook thread and that is the supercharger I was referring to. I will call or e-mail Tesla later this week.

Yes, I realize this is the Holbrook thread and that is the supercharger I was referring to. I will call or e-mail Tesla later this week.

If that is true, it is really strange that a local employee had any control of the Supercharger.

Superchargers normally have their own, direct connection to a dedicated 480V, 3-Phase transformer. In addition the Distribution Center in the Supercharger (analogous to a circuit breaker panel in a home) has remote breaker sense and reset capabilities so that the Supercharger Command Center (somewhere near that 800 number operator) has complete, remote control of the Supercharge site...

Last edited:
If that is true, it is really strange that a local employee had any control of the Supercharger.

Superchargers normally have their own, direct connection to a dedicated 480V, 3-Phase transformer. In addition the Distribution Center in the Supercharger (analogous to a circuit breaker panel in a home) has remote breaker sense and reset capabilities so that the Supercharger Command Center (somewhere near that 800 number operator) has complete, remote control of the Supercharge site...

That's exactly what I thought. It did happen really fast, I pulled up, plugged in, watched the dash - no joy. Then the guy yelled across the parking lot saying he had forgotten to "turn it on this morning." He did something and the car started charging. Then a greyhound bus showed up and the place was flooded with people so I walked away to avoid the influx of people...

After visiting ~25 independent Supercharger sites without seeing a single space ICEd, it was time for good things to come to an end in Holbrook.

I'm not smart enough to edit on a mobile device what is too large a photo to force upon people, so anyone interested has to click on this link

http://i.imgur.com/i34lkxJ.jpg
I've never encountered the Holbrook Supercharger ICEd. I don't know how you resolved it, but I think you could have backed in parallel to the open spot and charged.

After visiting ~25 independent Supercharger sites without seeing a single space ICEd, it was time for good things to come to an end in Holbrook.

I'm not smart enough to edit on a mobile device what is too large a photo to force upon people, so anyone interested has to click on this link

http://i.imgur.com/i34lkxJ.jpg

Thats really unfortunate. Unfortunately there is a large portion of our population that is just not very observation. Even if I didn't know what those things were, I think I would park in the other spaces just a bit further to not block something. But then again, thats just me.