TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarkR, Dec 20, 2013.

1. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

FWIW, I did get emails for both the Flagstaff and Holbrook SC openings. Just announcements.

2. phx182flyer

phx182flyer P11051

I did as well.

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD

I took another picture of the Holbrook supercharger, again at night, but the parking lot lights were on this time. I was coming back from the Flagstaff supercharger. I wonder how long the cones will last here? I think they put them there to prevent someone from backing into the equipment.

2014-01-16 18.26.57.jpg

4. Kraken

Kraken Member

maybe they are there to block the spots off from iceing when not in use!

5. Tyl

Tyl Member

I'm a photo guy when it comes to the new supercharging stations. These are good clear photos. Thanks! By any chance did you take some photos of Flagstaff AZ. I have seen many photos however, it seems that as soon as a construction is complete, photos stop being posted. It kinda makes sense, but I like to see photos from somewhat of a distance from the completed superchargers to give the sites some perspective and to see how busy they are and to see how they appear over time. The fly overs Cottonwood does are great but not many of us have quadcopters:tongue:

6. araxara

I did take one. See the Flagstaff, AZ thread: Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ - Page 5

7. Tyl

Tyl Member

Holbrook AZ ..and some from a distance.
    IMG_9135.jpg IMG_9136.jpg IMG_9138.jpg IMG_9139.jpg IMG_9140.jpg IMG_9146.jpg IMG_9149.jpg

8. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Kingman, AZ

Kingman photos taken today.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

9. rsanchez

rsanchez Member

I would be a little weary of relying on this charge late at night (between 11PM and 10AM). I stopped in earlier this week, plugged it into my car - no juice. One of the employees was standing outside smoking and said "oh, I forgot to turn it on this morning". He then did something and all of a sudden the car started charging.

10. araxara

This is the Holbrook, AZ Supercharger thread. Are you replying to the previous Kingman, AZ photos or are you saying the Holbrook Supercharger is the one that someone had to turn on? In either case, you should have called the 800 number that Tesla has on the supercharger and complained. All these chargers are listed as being operational 24 hours a day: Holbrook Supercharger, Kingman Supercharger

The first time I used the Holbrook, AZ supercharger was at 11:15pm right after it had opened and it was operational.

11. rsanchez

rsanchez Member

Yes, I realize this is the Holbrook thread and that is the supercharger I was referring to. I will call or e-mail Tesla later this week.

12. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

#52 Cottonwood, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    If that is true, it is really strange that a local employee had any control of the Supercharger.

Superchargers normally have their own, direct connection to a dedicated 480V, 3-Phase transformer. In addition the Distribution Center in the Supercharger (analogous to a circuit breaker panel in a home) has remote breaker sense and reset capabilities so that the Supercharger Command Center (somewhere near that 800 number operator) has complete, remote control of the Supercharge site...

13. rsanchez

rsanchez Member

That's exactly what I thought. It did happen really fast, I pulled up, plugged in, watched the dash - no joy. Then the guy yelled across the parking lot saying he had forgotten to "turn it on this morning." He did something and the car started charging. Then a greyhound bus showed up and the place was flooded with people so I walked away to avoid the influx of people...

14. 772

772 Member

Maybe they were just down temporarily for maintenance or something.

15. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I'd be extremely annoyed if I showed up overnight for a charge and some idiot had turned it off for the night.

16. ahm

ahm Member

Please do keep us updated with what you find out.

17. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

#57 RiverBrick, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    After visiting ~25 independent Supercharger sites without seeing a single space ICEd, it was time for good things to come to an end in Holbrook.

I'm not smart enough to edit on a mobile device what is too large a photo to force upon people, so anyone interested has to click on this link

http://i.imgur.com/i34lkxJ.jpg

18. bluefuego

bluefuego Member

Did you have to wait long for them to show up and move? I would have been tempted to unhook that trailer. I am going to be going through there in a couple of weeks on my way home from TMC Connect.. fingers crossed for no-ice-ing!

19. araxara

I've never encountered the Holbrook Supercharger ICEd. I don't know how you resolved it, but I think you could have backed in parallel to the open spot and charged.

20. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Thats really unfortunate. Unfortunately there is a large portion of our population that is just not very observation. Even if I didn't know what those things were, I think I would park in the other spaces just a bit further to not block something. But then again, thats just me.