Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even before the lobby shutdown for the pandemic, that Burger King limited restrooms to paying customers only. Now, not even that.

As you saw, Gallup and Holbrook aren't the best supercharging experiences in the network!

Albuquerque is subpar as well. How is it that a city the size of Albuquerque has just one small, poorly located, Supercharger Station?

I-40 in that section could use some TLC.
ABQ was full yesterday at 1pm on a Monday. I expect that to be a problem this summer. When I saw it was full I decided to skip it and then regretted it about halfway when I was going into the teeth of a headwind. Drafted a couple semis at 75mph just to make it to Gallup.

While charging at Gallop yesterday I noticed Holbook showing 12 open chargers. 12 ??? So i stopped to see for myself. Was I surprised to see 8 brand new V3 chargers. They are all up and CHARGING. Think you Mr Tesla

Do you know if these are 12 V3 or 8 V3 along with the existing 4 V2? Are they typically upgrading old ones or just adding the new?

Hopefully the rest of 1-40 and I-10 get some much-needed V3 love as well!

Reactions: IdaX
While charging at Gallop yesterday I noticed Holbook showing 12 open chargers. 12 ??? So i stopped to see for myself. Was I surprised to see 8 brand new V3 chargers. They are all up and CHARGING. Think you Mr Tesla
Nice! We did a road trip through Utah/Arizona last month, and the two busiest chargers we encountered (Beaver, UT, and now this one at Holbrook) have since been upgraded.

Reactions: Hebert
Do you know if these are 12 V3 or 8 V3 along with the existing 4 V2? Are they typically upgrading old ones or just adding the new?

I've noticed around here that V3 are more expensive than V2, which are more than urban (72kw) chargers.

If they mix V2 and V3, are they all the same price? Anyone who doesn't have free supercharging able to look?

The original 4 are still V2.
I've noticed around here that V3 are more expensive than V2, which are more than urban (72kw) chargers.

If they mix V2 and V3, are they all the same price? Anyone who doesn't have free supercharging able to look?
ICBW, but I believe they are all priced the same, since the recent price increase.

Reactions: Sasmania
None of these new SC's appear to be trailer compatible. This is a problem I see repeatedly with new SC installations. Someone needs to send a memo to the SC department that Tesla actually sells cars with trailer hitches and the Cybertruck is coming within a year. This poor planning will cause unnecessary problems for us all.

Reactions: Sasmania
Tops are missing from 3 of the stalls. Seems like that could be bad if it ever rains here. Also, no restrooms here either. Burger King is drive thru only. Feels like a poor business model when you have a captive audience with their cars plugged in. View attachment 665794
I think the electrical contractor jumped ship as the last three V3 stalls are still topless.
20210621_110222.jpg

I also noticed a pile of unused gutter equipment and one of the broken cabinet tops off in the corner. Good help is hard to find I guess.
20210621_110340.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
Navigation screen showed between 2 and 3 chargers available. When I got there, there was only one other car there.
Not sure what's going on.
It would be nice to have other lunch options other than BYO or Burger King, but hopefully the need to spend a long lunch while getting a healthy charge will be a thing of the past in 5 yrs. Some of the newer locations are spoiling me. No longer am I thrilled that there is one (and only one) fast food establishment at the SCs. But when my 2015 Model S 85D gets traded in, it will be for a model that can charger faster.

Reactions: Sparky1 and PLUS EV
Navigation screen showed between 2 and 3 chargers available. When I got there, there was only one other car there.
Not sure what's going on.
It would be nice to have other lunch options other than BYO or Burger King, but hopefully the need to spend a long lunch while getting a healthy charge will be a thing of the past in 5 yrs. Some of the newer locations are spoiling me. No longer am I thrilled that there is one (and only one) fast food establishment at the SCs. But when my 2015 Model S 85D gets traded in, it will be for a model that can charger faster.
Is the Burger King open now for indoor ordering and/or bathroom access? For the longest time since Covid, it was drive-thru only.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Is the Burger King open now for indoor ordering and/or bathroom access? For the longest time since Covid, it was drive-thru only.
Yes, BK is open inside. Doors state for paying customers only, so you need to pick up a key attached to a wooden board, where they are laying on the counter up front. Just pick one up. They aren't pissy about checking if you bought something.

Stopped at the charger this evening and BK had its doors locked so no bathroom. They were running the drive-thru, though, so I’m not sure why the inside was locked. I did not walk up to the door, just saw several Tesla drivers walk to the door and then turn back when they were locked.
Interesting... I stopped there a week ago on Friday the 17th and the inside was open. Sign inside said bathrooms for customers only, but the bathroom doors were open with the key/wooden handle hanging in the doors. Ironically, I tried to buy a breakfast sandwich and drink, but stood at the counter and was ignored for 3-5 minutes before I just walked out. I'm not going to beg someone to take my money. Hopefully the Circle K 100 yards away is still a bathroom option. I'll be passing through again on Tuesday, and will post an update.

Interesting... I stopped there a week ago on Friday the 17th and the inside was open. Sign inside said bathrooms for customers only, but the bathroom doors were open with the key/wooden handle hanging in the doors. Ironically, I tried to buy a breakfast sandwich and drink, but stood at the counter and was ignored for 3-5 minutes before I just walked out. I'm not going to beg someone to take my money. Hopefully the Circle K 100 yards away is still a bathroom option. I'll be passing through again on Tuesday, and will post an update.
I've used the Circle K without issue 2-3 times in the last year or two. IIRC it's kind of a dingy 1-stall bathroom, but I've never had to wait long. I've never seen the inside of the BK open during the pandemic, day or night.

I drove through Holbrook yesterday and the Burger King is again operating as drive-thru only. Not sure if it was a staffing issue or what. The dingy 1-stall bathroom at the Circle K was temporarily closed for a plumbing issue. The Maverick gas station down the road near the McDonalds had working bathrooms and good snack selection. Too far to walk (probably a mile round trip), with the V3s in Holbrook.