Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hood River, OR - Anchor Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, this is pretty exciting! it's a "finally, the Columbia Gorge gets some love" moment. And I'll keep repeating my want of a Boardman Supercharger.

I am still wondering if the Feds money will get Tesla to expand Superchargers immensely once the whole "open up to other EVs" happens. hmmmm...

Reactions: bruce4000
Ugh, Solstice was already busy enough as it is (for those who haven't: try their brussels sprouts!). This one is a much better spot for those who want a meal while they charge. Honestly the earlier location is probably going to be better for travellers, even though it's a little farther from 84.

Thanks, everyone for the info and opinions. With the new evidence that was posted, I certainly agree with the above posts, this isn't HPWCs and must be for Superchargers. It just made little sense to me to put two SC sites so close together, so seeing as the first post had no technical details I wanted to be sure it wasn't just some privately-funded HPWCs going in.

• Helpful
Reactions: 3'sterly
Feel free to share more details of the briefing!
I was there as well. This second location was the first landlord contract attempt and it was at one point thought it was going to fall through. By time any talks resurfaced they signed the current in construction location in Hood River and instead of walking away on this deal there going to double down and proceed due to future ownership of the brand and potential future of third party automakers using the network.

Also, on this discussion that day the long list Boardman / Arlington / Hermiston charger idea was brought up again and without to many details multiple tenant proposals have been submitted and they plan to least announce one location and have it live before summer 2022.. /hope

okay, Ima gonna keep my Boardman Supercharger hopes alive. Thanks for the update(s)!

Arlington has a Chademo (did have? i dunno status, but i used it once when in my Leaf of 2014). I'm assuming a Supercharger would get LOTS more traffic to businesses.

Hermiston can work too. As long as it's a big one and located near the I-82/I-84 exchange, since Hermiston proper would be off the travelled path, as it were.

Reactions: bruce4000
okay, Ima gonna keep my Boardman Supercharger hopes alive. Thanks for the update(s)!

Arlington has a Chademo (did have? i dunno status, but i used it once when in my Leaf of 2014). I'm assuming a Supercharger would get LOTS more traffic to businesses.

Hermiston can work too. As long as it's a big one and located near the I-82/I-84 exchange, since Hermiston proper would be off the travelled path, as it were.

Arlington has no businesses to speak of. Their Chademo is up AFAIK. Stopped there last summer to check it out. It has a nice little park, and I love to have a picnic there, but it's got nothing else. Even the gas station is pretty sad.

Hermiston honestly makes little sense compared to even Boardman (which I also think is not a great spot). It's 37 miles from the next supercharger, even less if it's up by the highway with the EA station at the travel center. 30-50 from kennewick. It's 100 from the dalles, which is great, but also the one that needs the relief. 120 from hood river, which is alright. 100 from yakima, but there is another SC between.

I genuinely hope someone in Biggs Junction submitted a proposal. 80-110 miles from Portland (major pop center), Yakima (SC), Kennewick (SC), Pendleton (SC), Madras (new SC), and Sandy (SC). Major junction, multiple (if not great) food options. Winery/State park/museum/attraction across the river. It's essentially the perfect mid day stop for traveling across Oregon along 2 highways.

16 stalls and permit is ready to issue!!!

Hood River .jpg
Hood River 2.jpg

Sixteen in one location allows for a lot of expansion. If you live in Hood River in an apartment or condominium charging has become a non issue. Also, this is going to really help the drive between Portland & Pendleton. I live in Silverton & have used The Dalles Supercharger several times over the last year. The last time, in September, we were fortunate to get the last charger before a line started, and that was during a weekday afternoon. Due to the location there isn't a lot of space to wait & some were out on the street, making it a little hard to figure out where their place was in line. Holiday travel times would be longer without the new Hood River Superchargers. Going from 5 to 29 charging spaces within 20 miles is a huge improvement.

that'll be a popular stop. restaurants, park, close to freeway. bit of a walk to full sail (15m each way makes it hard to have a meal in the middle of your charge and be courteous), but not far for many others.
pFriem's only 2 minutes away, and well worth the walk — at least for the beer, can't speak for the food; I haven't actually been to their brewery (or really anywhere in Hood River for about a decade or so), but I've heard good things.