Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question about waiting etiquette. I've never had to wait in line to use a supercharger, but I'm assuming there will be lines at this location. What's the process and etiquette for waiting for a stall? Where would a line start?

The car knows if you charge at home. It should be easy to figure out if you've never charged at home (or if your charging at home is below some number of mph) that it could geofence or penalize local charging.
No. These urban chargers are meant for local charging. Tesla (or Elon, I can’t remember) said so themselves. I’m no fan of those who supercharge to save the misculine amount of $$ when home charging is available, but to go as far as what you proposed goes against the whole idea.

The car knows if you charge at home. It should be easy to figure out if you've never charged at home (or if your charging at home is below some number of mph) that it could geofence or penalize local charging.

Where are people without access to home charging supposed to charge? There is an entire thread dedicated to this discussion, so please take it there instead of derailing individual Supercharger threads.

Oh great, it’s not even open and we’re discussing lines and local vs. long distance travels. Hopefully those locals will charge 5-7pm after work so that this traveler can sneak through between 1-3pm before traffic turns into standstill mode.;)

Reactions: Araman0
Currently here and happened to run into PSE workers at the same time. Of course I asked them when they think they’ll be ready to go...*drum roll*...Monday. HOWEVER, they said that’s when they plan to “heat it up” which doesn’t mean that’s when they’ll actually be open for use. But it’s coming soon!

Attachments

• 5E7FCBE7-44CA-47FA-8302-3035404A1992.jpeg
    5E7FCBE7-44CA-47FA-8302-3035404A1992.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 113
Currently here and happened to run into PSE workers at the same time. Of course I asked them when they think they’ll be ready to go...*drum roll*...Monday. HOWEVER, they said that’s when they plan to “heat it up” which doesn’t mean that’s when they’ll actually be open for use. But it’s coming soon!
That's still big news considering there was no transformer on site yesterday.

Presumably they are installing the transformer now and "heating it up" means it will be humming on Monday. After that Tesla still needs to test it and someone needs to inspect it and approve it, but hopefully that will be a quick process since there are obviously many Tesla employees in the area.

They must be going to do better signage, like painting the spots green at least with signs to scare others away. Right?
In general, no, they will not try to keep unauthorized cars from parking there. The site still belongs to the property owner, and property owners do not want to offend customers. The best you will get is half of the spaces with signs saying that only cars that are charging can park there, and the other half with signs saying ANYONE can park there for a limited time (30-60 minutes). These signs are pretty much universally ignored. If there is an ICEing issue, Tesla owners can get cones to place in the "Electric car charging only" slots, and that sometimes helps.

There is still a board that has "hole" painted on it. I also noticed someone put the yellow protective pole in front of it, but it didn't feel completely solid. My guess is no transformer yet. The covers are still over the supercharger posts themselves